A Little Lamp I found at the Goodwill for 5 Dollars. All it needed was a replacement "touch on/off" switch and for a total of 12 dollars my college bound son will have a wonderful 3-way
touch on/off lamp for his desk! I love the look of this lamp and I rewired the new switch myself. it wasn't difficult at all...Frankly it was harder getting all the Goodwill Price sticker adhesive off the lamp base...LOL
When our son went to college, my husband RE-claimed the work shed as, ummm well a WORK shed. That meant the valuable music gear our teen had mowed yards, and worked to purchase, was in
danger of being ruined by hubby's activities. One day I walked out to see grinding dust covering one of the guitars and decided they needed protection.. so I bought some Vinyl tablecloth fabric that was lined with felt and made "custom" guitar bags.
When I took down my pond in the spring because a tree root had come up through the liner, I wanted to save my water lillies. So I bought a plastic tub the size of a 1/2 Whisky Barrel and
carefully seperated the roots and put them in it and filled it with water. In June they bloomed, full sized leaves and full sized blooms...but since that time, the leaves have "Miniaturized" and are now all the size of a quarter or a 50 cent piece...I obviously was surprised at how quickly they "adapted" their size to accomodate the smaller growing conditions and as one of the landscapers that I so respect said, "in effect it is sort of a bonzi water lilly". So I had promised a picture of this years leaves and blooms, in the barrel...but full sized...and Now the real test will be to see if I get Miniature "blooms" in next years growth...it may be a long winter, but I love a good mystery...so it'll be worth the wait to find out...