Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Shower Grout that Doesn't Stain or Need Sealed, Ever!

Dingy and moldy grout just stinks.

Plus it's embarassing when you have house guests.

This past weekend I installed epoxy shower grout in between our 2 x 2 inch shower floor tiles.

With a little help from the tecnhical support line of the company that makes the grout I was able to do this project in less than 2 hours (that includes prep, install, and cleanup).

And I was a little under the gun since it was 7 pm when I started, primarily because I put my daughers to bed at night :)

If you want grout that never needs sealed and does the best job at resisting stains & mold this is the way to go. Since I'm in the rental home business this was a test run to

1. see if it was hard to install

2. examine the durability of the product

Time: 2 Hours Cost: $75 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.homerepairtutor.com/shower-grout-that-wont-stain-or-need-sealed/

41 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 41 comments | See Previous
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    Exactly! I've spilled other things on my bathroom counter...but the blood was the real test!
  • Carin
    Carin Camarillo, CA
    I discovered a great grout cleaner for the kitchen, Colgate Optic Teeth Whitening Toothpaste! Our grout and tile came along with the fixer we have made our home. I used the toothpase along with a brush, the one you squeeze dish liquid into, and Wam
  • Marsha R
    Marsha R Dade City, FL
    Well, it's going to hit about 75 today.. Warm & sunny. Hey, I may have sun outside, but you have nice "sunny" grout!!
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks Carin for the great grout cleaner tip, especially since there won't be any bad fumes.
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    You have a great day too Marsha R :)
  • Ligia Bello Dall'Occhio
    Ligia Bello Dall'Occhio Palm Harbor, FL
    Thanks for sharing
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    You're super welcome, thanks for commenting Ligia Bello Dall'Occhio
  • Ligia Bello Dall'Occhio
    Ligia Bello Dall'Occhio Palm Harbor, FL
    Thanks for sharing good things for fix
  • Tammy T
    Tammy T Spokane, WA
    Did you say you had blood spots. Try hydrogen peroxide. Gets blood out of clothes and other things
  • Karen Kelly
    Karen Kelly Goose Creek, SC
    did u have to remove any of the old grout?????
  • Katie Feeney
    Katie Feeney Rochester, NY
    Bleach is faster and easier....
  • Nancy O
    Nancy O Manteo, NC
    I'd like to tile my outside shower, what is your opinion on using this method outside? I live in the south and don't use this shower in the winter months.
  • CeramicTilePro.com
    CeramicTilePro.com Antelope, CA
    Very Nice Job! I agree, Epoxy Grout is the best of the best but please make sure and do your homework when grouting over porous material such as unprotected stone, slate or even the newer man made products that are resin based. Most manufacturers will
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks CeramicTilePro.com for your tips. I'd hate for someone, including myself, to ruin a nice tile job with grout. You probably have some great ideas for the rest of us :)
  • Sissie Owsley Buteux
    Sissie Owsley Buteux Lawrence, MS
    I'm getting some of this. We have terrible water. It has actually turned the gout in our shower orange. The same color as the clay dirt in part of our yard. Everyone who lives nearby and has the same water company has the same problem. When I asked the
Home Repair Tutor

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing