Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Wedding ideas 05.24.14

Centerpiece with Blue Glass Bottles

#itching4spring #Recycle #SpringColors
I love these vintage blue glass bottles that we repurposed from my daughter's wedding (bought at thrift stores or yard sales) and used with the fun fence slat box my husband built. Fill them with flowers and/or candles to add a festive touch to your table.

To see more: http://www.martysmusings.net/2012/05/mothers-dayspring-tablescape.html

11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Sherry C
    Sherry C Portland, OR
    This is so striking with the blue vases and the gorgeous pink flowers. Just beautiful!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Very pretty Marty. I love cobalt blue glass. The pink flowers and greenery are perfect with it.
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Thanks Becky and Sherry C! When we did our daughter's wedding I didn't know I would inherit these but I'm so glad I did!
  • Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    How pretty Marty!
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I inherited all the glassware from our daughter's wedding too and I'm not so happy. I have no where to put them and since we added glass beads to the outside they don't fit in the boxes any longer. Had they been cobalt I've had been able to use them!
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Becky, I have all the glass jars from the reception, too, but we left them plain so between my niece, daughter and myself we've split them up and used them for entertaining and decor.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Our daughter's were pretty, but just not my style. They're various height cylinder vases with clear iridescent flat backed marbles on them. They looked great on the reception tables.
  • Lisa Bates
    A women's group at your church (or similar) might love to have them for decorating... or for showcasing items like silk flower arrangements at a sale... if you really don't care for them. Perhaps a MOPs (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group that could use
  • Lisa Bates
    I collect cobalt blue glass, antique and otherwise, so I thought your pictures were stunning! Thanks for sharing.
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Lisa Bates That's a great suggestion but I use all the glassware either for serving for parties or for home decor. Your thoughts are appreciated!
  • Lisa Bates
    I'm sorry, comment was meant for someone with vases they had but didn't care for!
Marty's Musings

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!