The Contemporary Kitchen Everyone On Facebook Loves!

Kitchen 07.10.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Your kitchen is always entertainment central, but you don't always want it to be traffic central! This AK client wanted to ease the traffic flow through their kitchen and blend their luxurious tastes into their modest space. Even though this kitchen is now 7 years old, it's still one of the most popular on Facebook! (@AKHomeRenovations)

Look at the Old Vs. New pictures and you can see how the designers & crew opened up a wall from the kitchen to the family room. The old sliding glass door in the kitchen was replaced with a beautiful window with a window seat, thus allowing all the beauty of nature with none of the foot traffic. And extra storage to boot!

Check out the glass-front cabinets. These are only lightly frosted, but still obscure the view of the contents and enhance the contemporary feel of the space! Maybe most memorable from this kitchen remodel is the granite on the island – it is ALL ONE PIECE! The crew that brought it in had to carry it up an entire staircase and down a hallway to get it safely into position atop the stunning island.

More On Kitchen Remodeling:

• Modern Vent Hood - Marble Backsplash - Frosted Glass Cabinet Inserts -
  • Stunning Island With Shelving -
  • The Guests' View As They Sit & Chat In The New Kitchen!
  • The "OLD" Kitchen
  • The "OLD" Kitchen
  • The "OLD" Kitchen (Note Where The Sliding Glass Door Is - Now It's The Window Seat!!)
  • The New Window & Window Seat -
  • Stunning Pendant Lights - And Open, Airy & Contemporary Space!
  • Kitchen Renovations By AK -
  • Linda T
    Linda T Stewartstown, PA
    Not being rude BTW. Just that I tiled my 'back kitchen' (we have an old fashioned house, with large and small) in bright, primary coloured mosaics, some with a history, like a coaster from Athens, Greece, a broken jug handle from my long dead aunty's
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Thanks Clare J White! It's sort of an unexpected but lovely element.
  • Clare J White
    Clare J White Portland, OR
    Great job by everybody. I like the window seat.
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Great adjective, Linda T - never heard ubiquitous used for granite before. We stand corrected! Not EVERYONE on fb loves this kitchen.
  • Linda T
    Linda T Stewartstown, PA
    Well I'm on fb and I think it's awful! So, not EVERYONE loves it! So dull and boring and the awful, ubiquitous granite!
  • Tricia at Little Cottage on the Pond
    This kitchen is lovely- contemporary, but still warm :)
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Thanks Carrie. They are KitchenAid appliances.
  • Carrie
    Carrie West Chester, PA
    The new design is beautiful. Do you know what brand appliances they selected?
  • Sueoconnell15
    Sueoconnell15 Dobson, NC
    Thanks .... I may take you up on it!
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Sueoconnell15 - no satellite offices, but like we were just talking to Julie about - remote design is completely possible! If you would email us at we would be happy to help you personally!
  • Sueoconnell15
    Sueoconnell15 Dobson, NC
    I'm planning on renovating my own kitchen within the year and absolutely love this kitchen design. Do you have any satellite offices in central NC? Just wishful thinking! =)
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Julie , there is indeed such a way! It involves images, measurements and professional design time - all of which we can help you with. If you're interested please email us directly
  • Denise M
    Denise M Pinopolis, SC
    I can still dream about such a kitchen. It truly is beautiful and functional. My question is since you made a window seat where the sliding doors were, is there another exit to outside? I really like the size of the window seat though. Very creative
  • Julie
    Julie Beaumont, TX
    Since I am not in GA, is there a way to send a photo of my existing kitchen and have someone help me redesign it and then recommend someone to help me with it?
AK Complete Home Renovations

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post