Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Have a wobbly table? Use a wine cork!

Household tips 11.28.14
There's nothing worse than sitting down to eat at a wobbly table. Everything is just a little bit more difficult (cutting a tough steak is a LOT more difficult) and the threat of a messy spill is looming over every bite of food. But if you have a cork or two stashed away in your junk drawer or a few leftover from last night's dinner party, you can fix that wobble in no time! Here's how to use a sliced wine cork to steady an uneven table:

Note: This tip works great for wobbly chairs, too!

1. Measure the wobble. Have someone lean on the steady side of your table so that the unstable leg comes off the floor. Take a quick measurement with a ruler, or just eyeball the distance.

For the rest of the tips, visit: http://bit.ly/179NmjU

1 Comment | Add a Comment Displaying 1 of 1 comments
  • Libby Yuewhoo
    Great idea for fixing a wobbly table or chair. I use them under my glass table protectors, cause I find a cold glass can make the protectors sweat onto the wood.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
BrightNest

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing