Homemade Carpet Powder

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I found a recipe for homemade carpet powder on pinterest and decided to try it out. It changed my life, and if you battle pet odors it might change yours too! Check out my blog for the details.

To see more: http://sweetparrishplace.blogspot.com/2013/02/homemade-carpet-freshener.html

• Carole
    Carole Australia
    Our Labrador sheds hair like nothing on earth - apparently labs are the worst shedders! The carpets do tend to smell 'doggy' where she lays on them - especially if she has been out in the rain - lovely smell of 'wet dog'! I use a store bought lavender
  • Eileen S
    Eileen S Evans City, PA
    Love it!
  • Lora Dietrich
    Lora Dietrich Covington, VA
    have 3 chi's going to try this as I have allergies and the store bot stuff makes my eyes water
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne Canada
    I made a similar one with borax, washing soda and essential oils on my basement carpet which smelled musty for a quite while. I let it sit most of the day, vacuumed and reapplied, leaving it for about 3 hours. 1 year later it still smells clean...I will
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    Definitely going to give it a try!
Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post