Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Screen porch seating/daybed

When we built our porch, I envisioned a swinging bed...But because of the location it needed to be stationary. My husband followed my "demand" kind request to make it look like it was swinging but also look nautical! I live here 3 seasons out of the year!
29 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 29 comments | See Previous
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    a cup hook is little hooks that you purchase at home Depot to hang coffee mugs from!

They come in silver and gold, I used silver. Easy to use just screw them in.

• Go Nautical
    Go Nautical Hillsborough, NJ
    Love it!
  • Joy Burdette Weber
    Amazing! I want to come live with you! LOL
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    thanks Joy Burdette Weber My sister from Kentucky is here this week and this IS her bedroom!
  • Joy Burdette Weber
    Hope she enjoys her visit! It is a beautiful room!
  • TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    Beautiful - I definitely have porch envy. Growing up, my folks had a house for awhile that had a huge screened front porch and my oldest brother would sleep there in a hammock. My favorite was to lay in the hammock on a rainy day and read. (no lake view
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    TJ Thanks...We love it and my sister sleeps out there, we actually have a hammock on the dock and I live out there! Love hammocks!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn San Jose, CA
    I love the swing bed! I am sure my cats would love it too! = )
  • Meliss Etner
    Meliss Etner Santa Clarita, CA
    Oh...just stop it with your to die for indoor/outdoor space. Love it! Especially love the daybed and how it's mounted. Seen many suspended from the ceiling and I love those as well, but this is definitely outside of that box! Well done!
  • Sunder Ashni
    Sunder Ashni Brooklyn, NY
    Can Anyone provides tips or plan of how to do this yourself?
  • Karyn L
    Karyn L Gainesville, GA
    Sunder, What part are you looking to do yourself and I will gladly help you!
  • Karyn L
    Karyn L Gainesville, GA
    NO cats here anymore:( But the puppy loves it and demands more space then she really needs! lol
  • Sunder Ashni
    Sunder Ashni Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks Karen :) The Day Bed in particular
  • Karyn L
    Karyn L Gainesville, GA
    Sunder,

I really wanted to do a hanging bed but the placement of the ceiling fans would not allow it and my husband had some

• Valmuse
      Valmuse Riverdale, MD
      Did you build the porch yourself? Want to do one in the front of the house next year. Cost? Plans? License?
  • Peggy Modglin
    Peggy Modglin Punta Gorda, FL
    I have sleeping porch envy!
Karyn Lisk

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing