Screen porch seating/daybed

DIY 10.17.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
When we built our porch, I envisioned a swinging bed...But because of the location it needed to be stationary. My husband followed my "demand" kind request to make it look like it was swinging but also look nautical! I live here 3 seasons out of the year!
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    TJ Thanks...We love it and my sister sleeps out there, we actually have a hammock on the dock and I live out there! Love hammocks!
  • TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    Beautiful - I definitely have porch envy. Growing up, my folks had a house for awhile that had a huge screened front porch and my oldest brother would sleep there in a hammock. My favorite was to lay in the hammock on a rainy day and read. (no lake view
  • Joy Burdette Weber
    Hope she enjoys her visit! It is a beautiful room!
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    thanks Joy Burdette Weber My sister from Kentucky is here this week and this IS her bedroom!
  • Joy Burdette Weber
    Amazing! I want to come live with you! LOL
  • Go Nautical
    Go Nautical Hillsborough, NJ
    Love it!
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    a cup hook is little hooks that you purchase at home Depot to hang coffee mugs from!

They come in silver and gold, I used silver. Easy to use just screw them in.

• Joyce Flom
    Joyce Flom Billings, MT
    Looks like a little piece of heaven! I can feel & smell the fresh air coming in now. Enjoy!
  • Sharon Thompson
    Sharon Thompson Fayetteville, NC
    Oh Lord....I'd never get up!.....such a beautiful view
  • User
    User Mineral Wells, WV
    LOVE the curtains. What is a cup hook?
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    Jamala, yes yes yes I have slept out there, and it is the only place my sister sleeps when she comes to visit! My husband, son and cousin have also slept there. My favorite is hanging out there all day on a Sunday after church to watch football, have a
  • Dena H
    Dena H Walkerton, VA
    Lovely! So bright and airy! Very nice job.
  • Jamala W
    Jamala W Whitmire, SC
    Please say you've actually slept out there.. to wake up with that lovely view..wonderful space..
  • Debbie Borthwick
    Beautiful, and a stunning view!
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    This is gorgeous! I love it.
Karyn Lisk

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post