Homemade Laundry Detergent

DYI 09.04.15
With only four ingredients (borax, washing soda, baking soda, and soap flakes), this homemade laundry detergent is simple to mix up and cheap to make. It only takes two tablespoons per load. We've been using it for years and love it!
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $6-7 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://dukesandduchesses.com/2013/01/homemade-detergent

• Randi Dukes
    Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
    I don't have an HE machine and I've heard that it's not supposed to be used with one ... but I also have friends that do use it with their HE machines and haven't had problems.
  • Lyndie C
    Lyndie C Cypress, CA
    I've been making homemade laundry soap using either Fels Naptha or Zote (whatever is available at the time) since I first got my HE machine 4 years ago and have never had a problem with it.
  • ShirlSumm
    ShirlSumm Ely, NV
    where's the recipe?
  • Randi Dukes
    Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
    ShirlSumm ... click on the link above where it says "see more" and you'll see the full recipe.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Des Moines, IA
    I have been making my own soap with the Borax, Arm & Hammer, Dawn dish soap. Wash in warm water. I have a mess on my cloths, especially the dark cloths, dried white powder all over. I have even boiled the dry ingredients with the water and let cool. Help.
    • Randi Dukes
      Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
      Donnie Gosh, I don't know what to tell you. I've never had that happen. I even wash many loads with cold water and have not had the white powder. Try this: start the water in your
Randi Dukes

Search Feedback