Homemade Laundry Detergent

Decor Ideas 4 days ago
With only four ingredients (borax, washing soda, baking soda, and soap flakes), this homemade laundry detergent is simple to mix up and cheap to make. It only takes two tablespoons per load. We've been using it for years and love it!
#CleaningTricks
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $6-7 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://dukesandduchesses.com/2013/01/homemade-detergent

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • ShirlSumm
    ShirlSumm Ely, NV
    where's the recipe?
  • Randi Dukes
    Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
    ShirlSumm ... click on the link above where it says "see more" and you'll see the full recipe.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Des Moines, IA
    I have been making my own soap with the Borax, Arm & Hammer, Dawn dish soap. Wash in warm water. I have a mess on my cloths, especially the dark cloths, dried white powder all over. I have even boiled the dry ingredients with the water and let cool. Help.
    • Randi Dukes
      Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
      Donnie Gosh, I don't know what to tell you. I've never had that happen. I even wash many loads with cold water and have not had the white powder. Try this: start the water in your
  • Jean dudley
    jean dudley Ocala, FL
    To Donnie: Rinse your clothes thoroughly; I rinse my clothes about 3 times over. This will get the dry powder off of your clothes. OR, make your own liquid laundry detergent.
  • Sonia Burrows
    Jean, that kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? You save on laundry detergent but spend it on using so much water.
Randi Dukes