Homemade Laundry Detergent

Household cleaning 2 days ago
With only four ingredients (borax, washing soda, baking soda, and soap flakes), this homemade laundry detergent is simple to mix up and cheap to make. It only takes two tablespoons per load. We've been using it for years and love it!
#CleaningTricks
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $6-7 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://dukesandduchesses.com/2013/01/homemade-detergent

• Amy W.
    Amy W. Clermont, FL
    This detergent works really well... I have been making my own for about 5 years and I can imagine how much money I have saved..I order my Borax and washing soda and I use Fels Naptha soap from Alice.com It is cheaper than in any of the grocery stores and
  • Jennifer Parchman-Miller
    I've used a version of this recipe for a couple of years now and I will never go back to store bought brands. Is a 3rd of the cost and last me at least 4 months per batch. I do add oxy clean and use an old food processor grate the soap down, mixing the
  • Sara Smith
    Sara Smith Scotts Valley, CA
    Can this be used with the HE machines?
  • Randi Dukes
    Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
    I don't have an HE machine and I've heard that it's not supposed to be used with one ... but I also have friends that do use it with their HE machines and haven't had problems.
  • Lyndie C
    Lyndie C Cypress, CA
    I've been making homemade laundry soap using either Fels Naptha or Zote (whatever is available at the time) since I first got my HE machine 4 years ago and have never had a problem with it.
  • ShirlSumm
    ShirlSumm Ely, NV
    where's the recipe?
  • Randi Dukes
    Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
    ShirlSumm ... click on the link above where it says "see more" and you'll see the full recipe.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Des Moines, IA
    I have been making my own soap with the Borax, Arm & Hammer, Dawn dish soap. Wash in warm water. I have a mess on my cloths, especially the dark cloths, dried white powder all over. I have even boiled the dry ingredients with the water and let cool. Help.
    • Randi Dukes
      Randi Dukes Flower Mound, TX
      Donnie Gosh, I don't know what to tell you. I've never had that happen. I even wash many loads with cold water and have not had the white powder. Try this: start the water in your
Randi Dukes