When it rains even slightly I have water running into my garage and under the door.

The previous owner tried to caulk the wood molding at the bottom but that gave away a long time ago. This has now gotten to the point that the sheetrock inside the garage on this wall is becoming damaged and needs replacing. I tried making little cuts in the concrete here to divert the water away and it works if there is just a sprinkle anything more and I get what you see in the pictures.

Does anyone know of something I could do or use to block the water from coming in? I have thought of using thin brick pavers or some other sort of "hump" but im not really sure whats the best route. Id rather only have to do it once than to keep coming back and trying everything under the sun.

Any suggestions?

• Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    The problem is most likely not the door but the "grade" of the driveway, or the "grade" of the yard next to the driveway. But determining the problem may take a few questions and potentially some more pictures. I inderstand wanting to Do it once, do it
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Ok, I just looked at the photo of the door closed, sorry....I had to save and rotate it before I could make sense of it...LOL.... So yeah it looks like the grade of your driveway is directly downhill towards your garage, and when it was poured the grade
  • Its Really Concrete, Inc.
    here's what we just did for a condo assoc - your solution's probably still a properly installed slot drain but the abovegrade curb ( rainwater diverter ) is a less expensive alternate
  • Djmc1956
    We have a roll down door on our metal garage. It has a rubber seal on the bottom that is supposed to keep water out when door is locked down tight. DID NOT WORK. We bought some of that rubber strips that are for electric lines and glued it down
  • Trish
    Trish Canada
    Wouldn't a channel grate installed on the approach be a better solution to accommodate vehicular traffic and divert the water away from either side. check out NDS website
Seth F
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post