When it rains even slightly I have water running into my garage and under the door.

11.25.13
The previous owner tried to caulk the wood molding at the bottom but that gave away a long time ago. This has now gotten to the point that the sheetrock inside the garage on this wall is becoming damaged and needs replacing. I tried making little cuts in the concrete here to divert the water away and it works if there is just a sprinkle anything more and I get what you see in the pictures.

Does anyone know of something I could do or use to block the water from coming in? I have thought of using thin brick pavers or some other sort of "hump" but im not really sure whats the best route. Id rather only have to do it once than to keep coming back and trying everything under the sun.

Any suggestions?

• AquaGuard Foundation Solutions
    Seth, A Trench drain might be a good option to prevent this water coming into your garage.

http://www.aquaguard.net/core/images/waterpr...

• Gordon F
    Gordon F Mcdonough, GA
    Cher, it's hard to see, but he does have a downspout coming off the gutter to divert the water away. it's on the picture on the left side.
  • Cher D
    Cher D Elyria, OH
    Do have a gutter on the house to pull the water away..
  • Its Really Concrete, Inc.
    much cheaper than the slot drain but if it works better than nothing, good for you ! you probably could have sawed rain grooves into the conc w/o adding the gasket, too
  • Southern Trillium LLC
    Southern Trillium LLC Stone Mountain, GA
    Sounds like a great solution. Nicely done.
  • Seth F
    Seth F Mcdonough, GA
    It does a little bit but the grooves I cut in the concrete carry it away and then slope takes over and pulls it away.
  • Southern Trillium LLC
    Thanks for sharing, Seth. Just curious, is the water now pooling outside of the door, but at least not coming into the garage?
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    That's great Seth, simple and effective.
  • Seth F
    Seth F Mcdonough, GA
    I found this on Amazon in case anyone comes across this and wonders how i fixed this issue...

http://amzn.com/B00008YGQS

• Itsreally C
    Itsreally C Marietta, GA
    that ' drain ' is called a slot drain & both apron/vest stores carry 4" in stock,,, anyone can install it - its a diy project if you have any common sense, can read, & follow the directions :-)
  • Charles R
    Charles R Longwood, FL
    I have seen this before. You do not have a proper drain and proper drainage angle. Your Driveway is not pitched AWAY properly. A General Contractor can install a ( garage door length) Drain in front of the Garage Door. It will percolate down, properly,
  • CR Draves . com
    CR Draves . com Fremont, CA
    Hard to stop the wind or water unless your re slope the concrete. Best bet would be to waterproof the dry wall with "Backer board". You do this by tearing out the bottom part of the old gyp board and add the new backer board. That way when water comes
  • Jo C
    Jo C Bentonville, AR
    Gotta add my 3 cents: I had the same problem since moving in 2 years ago and it drive me nuts. I just purchased a "fix" which is the rubber gasket idea but it's attached to the floor with construction adhesive. So far it's worked perfectly. I didn't have
  • Its Really Concrete, Inc.
    addressing the water issue's REAL easy if you can get an umbrella to fit over your property ;-) failing that, the slot drain is the best answer altho it will cost more than building a diversion berm,,, the slot darin can be installed parallel w/the
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Put the drain in or correct the pitch of the driveway were it meets the door. Gaskets are fine for blowing rain or snow and helps keep the breeze out.
Seth F