When it rains even slightly I have water running into my garage and under the door.

The previous owner tried to caulk the wood molding at the bottom but that gave away a long time ago. This has now gotten to the point that the sheetrock inside the garage on this wall is becoming damaged and needs replacing. I tried making little cuts in the concrete here to divert the water away and it works if there is just a sprinkle anything more and I get what you see in the pictures.

Does anyone know of something I could do or use to block the water from coming in? I have thought of using thin brick pavers or some other sort of "hump" but im not really sure whats the best route. Id rather only have to do it once than to keep coming back and trying everything under the sun.

Any suggestions?

40 Comments Displaying 15 of 40 comments | See Previous
  • trench drain, slot drain - a rose is still a rose,,, the drain shown is avail at your local apron/vest store but i wouldn't use it if i were driving our cars over it
  • Therese C Greenfield, IA
    what about placing a 2-3 inch high rubber splatter guard across the bottom of the door that meets the driveway flush when it closes?
  • other than it might scrunch up when the door closes ?? how would you keep the proper tension/force on the ' guard ' to prevent wtr infiltration ?
  • Therese C Greenfield, IA
    The ones we have used have a steel rod top and bottom that keep it down and in place.
  • have a source or product name ? tnx in adv
  • Therese C Greenfield, IA
    I have a product for you that is slightly cheaper than what we used and just as good. Go to BRUSHWeatherseal.com ..these are flexible non-cracking Santropene rubber that seal the bottom of the door and are easy to install. The cost depending on size are
  • Therese C Greenfield, IA
    * these products do NOT have the steel rods but are guaranteed NOT to crack, smoosh up, etc..
  • the car garage door's 18' wide - will i find the steel thingies there, too ? tnx again
  • Therese C Greenfield, IA
    They go much larger on their sizes than what I listed for you. The prices I showed was just to give you an Idea. Look for the door seals that have a tube like bottom..you can add your own steel rods inside the tubes if necessary.
  • Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Try www.EliteExpressions.com and look for the the ones called "T-Bulbs" in custom lengths. The have the tube style bottom you can fit with a steel rod..good luck!
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    The problem is most likely not the door but the "grade" of the driveway, or the "grade" of the yard next to the driveway. But determining the problem may take a few questions and potentially some more pictures. I inderstand wanting to Do it once, do it
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Ok, I just looked at the photo of the door closed, sorry....I had to save and rotate it before I could make sense of it...LOL.... So yeah it looks like the grade of your driveway is directly downhill towards your garage, and when it was poured the grade
  • here's what we just did for a condo assoc - your solution's probably still a properly installed slot drain but the abovegrade curb ( rainwater diverter ) is a less expensive alternate
  • We have a roll down door on our metal garage. It has a rubber seal on the bottom that is supposed to keep water out when door is locked down tight. DID NOT WORK. We bought some of that rubber strips that are for electric lines and glued it down
  • Trish Canada
    Wouldn't a channel grate installed on the approach be a better solution to accommodate vehicular traffic and divert the water away from either side. check out NDS website
  • Like