My Current Project: Still Working on the Kitchen!

#MyCurrentProject #repurposing

My hubby and I are still working on the kitchen redo and I'm almost ready to post his latest and greatest! Has something to do with this outdated kitchen pic below and a pile of fence boards. Can you guess what it is?

You can see more of our projects in the link below.

Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.martysmusings.net/project-gallery

• Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    @Kris Broughton My husband may have done that exact same thing! Not telling yet!
  • Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU
    Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU Bolingbrook, IL
    I can't wait to see this as a backsplash when it's done!!
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Thanks Amy Ellis! I'm working on the post and trying to get decent pictures. We have no windows at that end of the kitchen and it's a bear to photograph!
  • Jaderbomb
    Jaderbomb Lafayette, LA
    Thanks Miriam I !!! I love playing with a backsplash!
  • Kris Broughton
    Would love to see it when it's done. At the moment I'm modernizing an 80's oak bathroom with paint only. Counterops and doorknobs included.
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Jaderbomb that is so original!
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Kris B let me know how the countertops turned out and what you used. We're facing a countertop decision, too.
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Just posted the backsplash! Hope you'll all come by and take a look!

http://www.martysmusings.net/2013/02/fence-b...

• Tina @ Repurposed Life
    Marty's Musings Awesome! I love it so much. The weathered wood was just the right thing to use as your backsplash. Really tied everything together:)
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Thanks so much Tina @ Repurposed Life!
  • Jaderbomb
    Jaderbomb Lafayette, LA
    Thanks Marty
  • Kris Broughton
    Just saw the finished results - just like I pictured. Am I physic? Looks great. You must be pleased. So far so good on the counter top. Sealer going on today. Will let you know. So far so good - and "cheap as chips" $-wise!
  • Kris Broughton
    The counter top is done! It looks great. A painter told me how to do it. If you can buy melamine paint in the States you can save yourself some steps as I've used that before when you could buy it here in Canada. Other than that hre goes.
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Kris Broughton Thanks for the info! I forwarded it to my husband.
Marty's Musings