Hometalk.com

Pallet Projects 04.06.14

My first pallet chair

Husband is working on a large construction site here in SC, so I have been getting a huge supply of pallets. So far I have built a deck for the RV, a small table and now a chair. I didn't have a pattern so I just winged it from photos of other chairs. Now that I have the basics down I am going to add a little more style to the next one.
19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Forestine M Statesville, NC
    I love doing this and never know what I am going to end up with when I start. I suck so bad at trying to follow a pattern. I want to build an outdoor dinning table next. I have so many ideas buzzing through my head right now I can't think straight. I
  • SO awesome! The arms are the perfect coffee holders too! :)
  • Elaine-Otto Lowrey Hillsboro, WI
    Where can I get instructions on how to do this?
  • Forestine M Statesville, NC
    Elaine, you can browse pallet chairs and look at images. I did not use a pattern or instructions, but some of the images have web pages that do have some instructions or information where to get them.
  • Tracey T Mission, TX
    Great job! I have been wanting to do this every since I saw it on Pinterest.
  • MARLENE Buffalo, NY
    I love this chair. it would be perfect at the cottage near the lake! thanks for the idea
  • MARLENE Buffalo, NY
    directions????
  • Forestine M Statesville, NC
    Go to Knock-Off Wood. It is a home/garden website. She has many ideas and instructions for all kind of homemade items.
  • Forestine M Statesville, NC
    Niece wants me to make this chair for her mother-in-law but with rockers. Still trying to figure this out. Can't seem to get the curve right. Still working on it though. Will post when I get it figured out.
  • Donna Fuller Whitman, MA
    something I would like to do
  • Elsie Lewis Grand Bay, AL
    This is something I think I would like to try to do

.

• Forestine this is such a great idea,seen also where someone used the palletts for walkways,this is great uses for the palletts an recycling to,any other ideas u use would be nice to hear about,thanks for the info...
  • Forestine M Statesville, NC
    So far I have made tables, birdhouses, feeders, and some yard decor. Most of the wood are 2x4, 1x4, 1x6, and 1x8. Most of the wood is rough cut and not square. But it's like putting together a puzzle trying to get everything to match up.
  • Jamala W Whitmire, SC
    I'm really impressed with your "winging it" work...
  • directions???