How to Clean Blinds - the easy way!

Crafts 2 days ago
Getting the Spring Fever itch? Get a jump start on your spring cleaning with an easy way to clean those icky blinds.
Time: 20 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
Try vinegar and water or for really tough stuck on grime - bleach and water
Broken slats can be repaired easily by swapping it out for a perfectly good one on the bottom.
Swap out slats using the same technique used to shorten blinds. Pop off the plastic buttons on the bottom of the blinds.
Remove the pull cords up to the broken slat. Replace the slat with one from the bottom.
Re-thread the pull cord through all slats, replace plastic buttons on the bottom and presto!!

To see more:

• Jacqueline Ford
    what about vertical blinds?
  • Marcy Crossman
    Marcy Crossman Inverness, FL
    I put them in the tub, washed with Dawn and hot water, and hung to dry using the shower head to rinse on both sides. I got one of those shower curtain rods that is expandable and hung it in the middle of the tub. Hung the blinds using wire ties until
  • Safiyyah 'Sofie'
    Safiyyah 'Sofie' Irving, TX
    I take a brush vaccum extension and vaccum the dust off... Then take a wet sponge and wipe them down
  • Gloria Sheldon
    Gloria Sheldon Cecil, AL
    I've been doing them in the bathtub...the whirlpool tub!..but don't recommend whirlpool cause the cords got all tangled up. Too impatient to soak one at a time. I do appreciate you showing us how to repair. Gosh at the money I've wasted. Recently
    DORLIS Silex, MO
    I took mine down period. I live in the middle of the woods and do not have to worry about people seeing in. I guess we got them when we moved from the city where you do need them because we thought we would need them. Now no more cleaning, just
    • DORLIS
      DORLIS Silex, MO
      Marcy Crossman I have protection, swords(?) and other things plus I have never had any problem in the 35 years I have been here. I am in a truly isolated spot. If nothing else,
Ellora - Creatively Southern

Search Feedback