How to Clean Blinds - the easy way!

For the HOUSE 4 days ago
Getting the Spring Fever itch? Get a jump start on your spring cleaning with an easy way to clean those icky blinds.
Time: 20 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
Try vinegar and water or for really tough stuck on grime - bleach and water
Broken slats can be repaired easily by swapping it out for a perfectly good one on the bottom.
Swap out slats using the same technique used to shorten blinds. Pop off the plastic buttons on the bottom of the blinds.
Remove the pull cords up to the broken slat. Replace the slat with one from the bottom.
Re-thread the pull cord through all slats, replace plastic buttons on the bottom and presto!!

To see more: http://www.creativelysouthern.com/2013/02/how-to-clean-blinds.html

• Cdvoros
    There is also companies that come to your house, take the blinds down and clean them and bring them back, hang them up. Not expensive either!
  • Birdie Berghuis
    Birdie Berghuis Lawrenceville, GA
    It isn't a big deal cleaning blinds. I take mine down, stick em in the bathtub with dawn and wash them.. Take them outside and rinse them with the hose and hang them over a lounge chair., (or if you are old fashioned, hang them off the clothesline to
  • Patricia Strobel-Niebuhr
    Can you clean the honeycombe shades, mine are double and over 10 years old.
  • Kimberly Saxton Scruggs
    Best way yet to clean blinds: (*disclaimer: not sure if this product to be used on wooden blinds). This works GREAT on vinyl blinds, etc- take blinds outside and hang at full extension on clothes line if you have one; I drapped mine over the deck
  • Julie Bright
    Julie Bright Flowery Branch, GA
    I just go to a discount store and buy replacements... of course, I don't have fancy blinds either :-)
  • Karla
    Karla Lampasas, TX
    It would be easier to take down and clean than to buy new ones, correct size, color, and having to replace hangers etc. the time you spent getting ready and going shopping you could have cleaned them at home.
  • Jane R.
    Jane R. Rosenberg, TX
    I can't take them down, wash and put back up all by myself. Also the drapes are in the way and I can't take them down alone either. I'd like to do away with blinds altogether.
  • Vicki
    Vicki York, PA
    My mother-in-law puts them in the dishwasher.
  • Marcella
    Marcella Canada
    I wash them in the bathtub and the clothes line .
  • Debra Byrd Milam
    Debra Byrd Milam Denham Springs, LA
    I took mine to a carwash once. Used the clips that hold floor mats on the wall to hold them up while I used sprayer to wash.
  • Susan Langlois
    Susan Langlois North Bennington, VT
    So, basically, there is NO easy way to clean blinds...Just as I feared...
  • Abaird
    Abaird Braselton, GA
    I'd love to know an easy (or less time consuming) way to clean wooden blinds. I don't think I should wash them in the tub.
  • Sue Weiker
    Sue Weiker Napoleon, OH
    It really is very simple. I used to have rod holders that held them but one broke this past year. I then, while at Wal Mart just came across the triple hooks for showers to hang scrubbies on so I brainstormed and, bought one and tried it. I hang it in
  • Judy Lyle
    Judy Lyle Erwin, TN
    Agree...on several comments...is there any EASY way? I cannot take mine down... I clean them one slat at a time...it is time consuming. I don't like the blinds but where I live I have to have them on all my windows. I was hoping to find an easy cleaning
  • Barbara Riccio
    Barbara Riccio Murrells Inlet, SC
    Seems to me that the comments are more helpful than the article. Wish "writer's" knew how to write! They write a headline... then go off on a totally different venue!
Ellora - Creatively Southern