How to Clean Blinds - the easy way!

Cleaning ideas 4 days ago
Getting the Spring Fever itch? Get a jump start on your spring cleaning with an easy way to clean those icky blinds.
Time: 20 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
Try vinegar and water or for really tough stuck on grime - bleach and water
Broken slats can be repaired easily by swapping it out for a perfectly good one on the bottom.
Swap out slats using the same technique used to shorten blinds. Pop off the plastic buttons on the bottom of the blinds.
Remove the pull cords up to the broken slat. Replace the slat with one from the bottom.
Re-thread the pull cord through all slats, replace plastic buttons on the bottom and presto!!

To see more: http://www.creativelysouthern.com/2013/02/how-to-clean-blinds.html

on This Post

• Jill
    Jill Riverside, CA
    I clean mine by hanging them outside on the side of the house on hooks and then spray them and scrub them with a broom, and finish by hosing them off and letting them air dry.
    • Julie Dever
      Julie Dever Columbia, SC
      Jill Similar, I hang them each on two hooks I have in my shower....Steamy hot water from my hand-held shower spray chases dirt away. Flip over, rehang. Repeat! Wipe down with a thirsty towel!
  • Capernius
    Capernius Laporte, IN
    nah, I still say Ms.Johnson in New Mexico has the best idea/way to clean blinds.

then again, if you have one of them power washers, that would be good too.

• Pam Hilbert
    Pam Hilbert Conneautville, PA
    if YOU GO TO YARD SALES LOOK FOR ONE OF THE JET SPAS THAT HANG ON THE SIDE OF THE TUB ,PUT BLINDS, PINE SOL IN FILL WITH HOT WATER, TURN ON FOR 10 MIN DRAIN RINSE LAY ON 2 TOWELS WIPE DRY REHANG
  • Joyce Sutton Stutzman
    I just replace mine since they are so cheap for smaller windows
  • Paul Langley
    Paul Langley Albuquerque, NM
    Wow, this is a really great guide for anyone tired of looking at grimy blinds! Mine have gotten pretty bad recently, and I've tried dusting, but I just can't get them clean. I'll have to try vinegar and water, and see if that helps. I also really liked
Ellora - Creatively Southern