Hometalk.com

03.27.14

How We're Making Mom's Remodel Dreams Come True!

This is #MyCurrentProject - but it's one that has been in the works for many, many years. Around Mother's Day 2012, Armstrong Cabinets held a "Gifted Moms" sweepstakes, and asked participants to enter a photo of Mom's ugly kitchen, and why she is deserving to win $10,000 of cabinets. I knew that my Mom was a perfect fit, so we entered, and won the prize!

As a parent myself, I understand how challenging it was for Mom to raise 6 children. Even despite the demands of parenting, she always made time to participate in the community, at church, and in service projects. Giving freely to love and serve others is her story! I knew that this would be a great surprise to win for her, and that she deserved it. She is counted as a blessing in the lives of so many family and friends!

35 years ago, after living in their home for 5 years, my parents installed a new countertop and a stylish Armstrong Solarian floor. That was the last time the kitchen was updated and was long overdue for a remodel! Unfortunately, the longtime plans for my Dad to remodel

14 Comments Displaying 14 of 14 comments
  • Lifetime Services, LLC Orange Park, FL
    Looking good, Paul!!
  • Sharon Bothwell Ridgefield, CT
    I bet you have one happy mama, Paul! Fabulous transformation from a great son ~ kudos! :)
  • Becky Blair, NE
    What an amazing transformation Paul. I can tell your Mom is tickled.
  • Trent-Tonya Sharp Franklinton, LA
    stunning...and how sweet congrats to mom
  • Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    Thanks everyone!
  • Nina Santa Ana, CA
    Great work! Keep it up. I really like your designs and ideas and I am sure your place is going to look fantastic once the finishing touches are done. Your project is a great inspiration for many you wish to remodel.
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it.
  • Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU Bolingbrook, IL
    Congrats to your mom, the kitchen looks great, and she looks so happy!!
  • Colleen Roback Elk Grove Village, IL
    Very deserving for a Mom who gave her all beautiful new kitchen!
  • The new kitchen is gorgeous- your mom must be on cloud nine!
    Thank you SheilaG, Plum Doodles! Mom is absolutely thrilled. She keeps saying "I just can't believe I finally have a new kitchen!" We finally got the backsplash tile (long order time) so I'll have to post some new pics soon.
  • Jackie T Albany, GA
    Sweet!!! Love it. All we want is a kitchen reno. Not much to ask for after 52 hours of labor (you know we have to throw in a Guilt Trip) :) You're a Good Son
  • Joyce Kainec Chagrin Falls, OH
    Your mom must be thrilled, that new kitchen will be a delight and will help tremendously when its time to sell. Good for you!!
  • AJ Ogden Floral Park, NY
    This is great!! Hoping your Mom and Dad have a hundred more happy years in that kitchen!!