Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
06.15.14

How We're Making Mom's Remodel Dreams Come True!

This is #MyCurrentProject - but it's one that has been in the works for many, many years. Around Mother's Day 2012, Armstrong Cabinets held a "Gifted Moms" sweepstakes, and asked participants to enter a photo of Mom's ugly kitchen, and why she is deserving to win $10,000 of cabinets. I knew that my Mom was a perfect fit, so we entered, and won the prize!

As a parent myself, I understand how challenging it was for Mom to raise 6 children. Even despite the demands of parenting, she always made time to participate in the community, at church, and in service projects. Giving freely to love and serve others is her story! I knew that this would be a great surprise to win for her, and that she deserved it. She is counted as a blessing in the lives of so many family and friends!

35 years ago, after living in their home for 5 years, my parents installed a new countertop and a stylish Armstrong Solarian floor. That was the last time the kitchen was updated and was long overdue for a remodel! Unfortunately, the longtime plans for my Dad to remodel

15 Comments Displaying 1 of 15 comments | See All Comments
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
Hamtil Construction LLC

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!