Classic, Timeless Wood Furniture...Putting the Paintbrush Away

12.08.14
Although I love, love painted furniture as it is such an economical way to update furniture that is outdated and timeworn, I love to rescue those classic wood beauties too. The timeless warmth of wood will never go out of style for me and I put away the paintbrush for these furniture finds...http://sophiasdecor.blogspot.com/2013/02/classic-timeless-furnitureputting-away.html#more

To see more: http://sophiasdecor.blogspot.com/2013/02/classic-timeless-furnitureputting-away.html#more

• Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I am so with you on this one Sophia. I too love the warmth of wood. Though the look of well painted furniture is very likable, nothing is more beautiful than the richness of natural wood grain on a piece of furniture to me.
  • Cathy Murray-Hovey
    I soooooo agree!!!
  • Jessica @ Dear Emmeline
    totally agree! there are just some pieces that shouldn't be painted and I personally love a mix of wood and painted elements in a room!
  • White Oak Studio Designs
    Beautiful work! Love how you've "styled" your photographs too. I'm really working hard on my styling skills.

Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichigan

• Bill Williams
    Bill Williams Yonkers, NY
    This is really really amazing.Such a great concept with a huge impact! I love it! I saw your tutorial and went out and bought myself a piece of furniture to paint. I can’t wait!
  • Marie Christopher
    I love original woods...So, I don't paint my furniture - just shine and oil it up to keep it in good condition.
  • Amy Rohde
    Amy Rohde Port Deposit, MD
    My husband would divorce me or maybe even bury me in the backyard if I ever dared to paint pieces as stunning as yours. They are just so lovely!
  • Trudy
    Trudy Ozark, AL
    Using good judgement you made the right call on these spectacular refurbishments.........didn't you feel so good salvaging such beautiful wood?!?! Great job!!
  • Kathy W
    Kathy W Trenton, MI
    So glad you are the one that got these pieces! They are beautiful and it would have been a crime to have painted any of them.
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    If I got pieces that were as beautiful as those I would not paint either. The ones I get have real problems that a bit of oil and cleaning can not fix.
Sophia's - Live Beautifully