Make A Repurposed Garden Chandelier

Garden Ideas 11.04.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
This garden chandelier is true shabby chic, combining old and elegant to add bling to your garden . It's also my oldest and favourite garden art piece.

It's easy to make.

1. Find an old metal kitchen colander (or metal lamp shade). You want something with holes in it (or you can use a metal drill bit and drill them).

2. Using 16 gauge wire, wrap around marbles and hang crystals from the ends. You could thread transparent beads onto the wire. Pick colours you love.

3. Attach flat-bottom marbles or other decorations on the colander using clear-drying outdoor silicone sealant.

4. Add wire to the top and hang the chandelier outdoors.

TIP: I find crystals at stores like Habitat For Humanity. Check old light fixtures. Lots of the ugly ones from the 1970s and 80s

Time: 1-2 Hours Cost: $5-15 Difficulty: Easy
  • This is the first piece of garden art I ever made and it's still my favourite.
  • 1. Find an old kitchen colander or metal lamp shade - you'll want holes in it for attaching the wires. 2. Use 16 gauge wire. Wrap around marbles and hang old lamp crystals (fake is fine!) on the ends. 3. Glue on flat-bottom marbles.
  • The shimmer of the marbles and crystals looks pretty all year round.
  • The combination of old and elegant makes this piece special.

To see more:

Empress of Dirt - Melissa

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post