Bottle Garden Edging

Crafty 07.28.15
We wanted a unique edging for a few of our garden beds in our backyard.....so, we used old, colored bottles. A bonus: when the little indentions in the top fill with water, they attract butterflies! #Love2Repurpose #SpringFever #Exterior
We collected bottles from friends, restaurants, etc. and used a bulb planter to make holes to stick the 'neck' of the bottle into. We have another bottle border in another area of our yard that we actually dug a small trench and planted the bottles much deeper. Both ways work very well.
The bottles are beautiful when the sun shines through the colors at different times of the day.
#Itching4Spring #Gardening #MyCurrentProject #DIY
Check out the how-to here:
Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy
  • Bottle Garden Edging....#Itching4Spring
  • Edging the garden with recycled bottles...#Itching4Spring
  • Stacy @ anygirlcandoit.com
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion Danville, VA
    The bottles with the deep indentations are great for adding tea lights to for night time entertaining if the beds are near the house!
  • Rachel
    rachel Springdale, PA
    stretch saran wrap over the bottom of the bottle so water doesnt collect. I used my bottles for a border around the compost pile.most bottles did fall over this winter but didnt last year
  • Janet F
    Janet F Lodi, CA
    Ours haven't fallen over but then you can see from my picture that they are buried deeper than the original post on here. I might try putting Saran wrap on a few to see how long it would last before I invest the time it would take to do them all. I have
  • Cheryle
    Cheryle San Diego, CA
    I keep the bottle caps and corks and I put them back on the empty bottles. This way bottles don't fill up with anything over time, and are more likely to stay clean and a little more sturdy in the ground.
Daune | Cottage in the Oaks

Search Feedback