Bottle Garden Edging

Plants & Flowers 06.14.15
We wanted a unique edging for a few of our garden beds in our backyard.....so, we used old, colored bottles. A bonus: when the little indentions in the top fill with water, they attract butterflies! #Love2Repurpose #SpringFever #Exterior
We collected bottles from friends, restaurants, etc. and used a bulb planter to make holes to stick the 'neck' of the bottle into. We have another bottle border in another area of our yard that we actually dug a small trench and planted the bottles much deeper. Both ways work very well.
The bottles are beautiful when the sun shines through the colors at different times of the day.
#Itching4Spring #Gardening #MyCurrentProject #DIY
Check out the how-to here:
Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy
  • Bottle Garden Edging....#Itching4Spring
  • Edging the garden with recycled bottles...#Itching4Spring
  • Janet F
    Janet F Lodi, CA
    We did not bother to remove them. Originally I was very careful trying to make them look good but with time and rain they pretty much remove themselves. If you aren't doing too large an area you could take the time to remove them but we didn't want to
  • Stacy @ anygirlcandoit.com
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion Hockley, TX
    The bottles with the deep indentations are great for adding tea lights to for night time entertaining if the beds are near the house!
  • Rachel
    rachel Springdale, PA
    stretch saran wrap over the bottom of the bottle so water doesnt collect. I used my bottles for a border around the compost pile.most bottles did fall over this winter but didnt last year
  • Janet F
    Janet F Lodi, CA
    Ours haven't fallen over but then you can see from my picture that they are buried deeper than the original post on here. I might try putting Saran wrap on a few to see how long it would last before I invest the time it would take to do them all. I have
Daune | Cottage in the Oaks