Painting My Kitchen Island with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

kitchen 01.14.16
We built our house during the 90's ode to oak era...so all the cupboards, trim, windows and flooring are oak. I finally made the time to paint my island with chalk paint. I used Annie Sloan Chateau Grey and AS lacquer then I finished with Valspar glaze. I'm so happy with the results as it breaks up that sea of oak! So I have a new island for about $60! Next up... the countertop!

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Ijensen
    ijensen Altamont, UT
    Love the color and finished island!!! You did a wonderful job on it!!!
  • Laura
    Laura San Antonio, TX
    I am wanting to paint my countertops using Annie sloan paint. How should I seal them?
    • Lane Harkey
      Lane Harkey Burns, TN
      No, no, no. You can't do that. Paint the cabinets, but not counter tops. Love ASAP but it's not for that. Sorry.
  • Beatrice Tangeman
    Beatrice Tangeman Leander, TX
    Finally did mine to, it's very much like yours only in country blue, love the grey! Where did you find the corbels ?
  • NancyMaria
    NancyMaria Elko, NV
    I actually did paint my countertops and it turn out great! With Giani Granite paint at http://gianigranite.com/ Originally it was a 90's white fabricated home laminate. Now I can't wait to do all the countertops in the house with a make-over.
  • NancyMaria
    NancyMaria Elko, NV
    3 colors put on with a sponge, you can't make a mistake. I will try to remember to do before and after in the kitchen this fall.
CC