Painting My Kitchen Island with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Chalk Paint 6 days ago
We built our house during the 90's ode to oak era...so all the cupboards, trim, windows and flooring are oak. I finally made the time to paint my island with chalk paint. I used Annie Sloan Chateau Grey and AS lacquer then I finished with Valspar glaze. I'm so happy with the results as it breaks up that sea of oak! So I have a new island for about $60! Next up... the countertop!
  • Back side of island before..
  • Side view...
  • Front view...they were much more faded and worn in person...
  • I added some trim on the back side before painting...I have corbels to add just haven't gotten them up yet.
  • I did light distressing...
  • I sealed with the lacquer versus waxing just because of the size and I wanted a very durable finish.
  • Close-up..I let the glaze settle in the grooves and it also hides any roller marks from the lacquer.
  • Finally got the corbels up!
  • Michaela Turiace
    Michaela Turiace Auburn, CA
    Did you remove the cabinets and drawers? Or did you just pain extra careful?
  • Pattycake
    pattycake Oklahoma City, OK
    So pretty! What color is it? And you used a glaze? Just a wipe on/off? And what kind/brand/sheen of laquer?? Thanks!
    • CC
      Pattycake It's Chateau Grey. I used Valspar's glaze and Annie Sloan's Lacquer
  • Matthew-Donna Larson
    Matthew-Donna Larson Spring Creek, PA
    nice job...looks sooo much better .. wanna do this to my kitchen island and thanks to you I now know its possible!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Ilene
    Ilene Altamont, UT
    Love the color and finished island!!! You did a wonderful job on it!!!
  • Laura
    Laura San Antonio, TX
    I am wanting to paint my countertops using Annie sloan paint. How should I seal them?
CC