Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.03.14

Painting My Kitchen Island with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

We built our house during the 90's ode to oak era...so all the cupboards, trim, windows and flooring are oak. I finally made the time to paint my island with chalk paint. I used Annie Sloan Chateau Grey and AS lacquer then I finished with Valspar glaze. I'm so happy with the results as it breaks up that sea of oak! So I have a new island for about $60! Next up... the countertop!
46 Comments Displaying 16 of 46 comments | See Previous
  • Where do you buy the paint and do you roll it or brush it on.?
  • Amy Naperville, IL
    Looks great! I'd love to add beadboard to mine and paint it black. You gave me a boost of encouragement. Now to convince the hubby......
  • Holly Lefevre Pacific Grove, CA
    Pretty!
  • Sharon Wingard Indiana, PA
    looks good. you should try it on the cupboards too.
  • Gayle Johannes Fremont, NE
    I wish I would have had this idea and I might not have sold my sea of oak last year, We went back to a dark walnut home and its a sea of dark! lol
  • Bonnie Ellsworth, WI
    Looks great!!!
  • Linda Vancouver, WA
    THIS is beautiful!! Great idea...........and great job!!!!! Can't wait to see the picture with the corbels!!!
  • Vicki Columbus, KS
    great job!! I've never used chalk paint but love the look - i'm getting ready to paint my dining table & chairs & hutch! thanks for the inspiration!
  • Love it!
  • Tamara Sidney, IL
    I love it. It does break up the sea of oak.
  • Gloria Musgrave Fairfield, IL
    In twenty years or so someone will come along and strip that old paint off when they realize there is beautiful oak underneath.
  • Jackie Prim Stillwater, NJ
    Beautiful job. It is a inspiration!
  • Rita Henderson, NV
    I LOVE it. When will you posted the picture of the corbels? I want to take my boring island and turn in into something pretty!
  • I want to paint over a table that someone messed up with chalk paint useing another color. Do I have to sand it first?