Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 02.04.14

Boys' Bedroom Makeover

I transformed my youngest son's "baby room" into a shared "big boy room" for both of my boys. I designed and made headboards, built a toddler bed, painted/glazed furniture, re-covered a thrift store chair, spray painted lamps and added ribbon trim, added stripes to plain white curtain panels, and made art for the walls. Check out the blog post for more info!
Time: 2 Weeks Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.diyonthecheap.blogspot.com/2013/02/big-boy-room-transformation-reveal.html

15 Comments Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Very nice make over. I especially like the head boards. Did you make them? I tried to find info on your blog to no avail.
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap Alpharetta, GA
    Thanks Becky! Yes, I did make them. I briefly mentioned it in the list of projects I completed for the room, but I'll be posting a more detailed tutorial very soon!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Erin. I'll be watching for the tutorial. They're great looking.
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    I love the colors you chose - especially the green on the nightstand!
  • Kimberly C Queen Creek, AZ
    great look and something they can grow with.
  • awesome! the navy and lime look great together.
  • Awwww I am loving this. Saving to a board for my grandson's room.
  • Erin-DIYOntheCheap Alpharetta, GA
    Thank you all!
  • Great job Erin! It looks fabulous!!
  • Jeri Rochdale, MA
    Love this...
  • Marilee H Youngstown, OH
    Very nice!
  • It looks great! I love the headboards and the green chest in between the beds.
  • Shirley S Canandaigua, NY
    Awesome job ! It looks very cool for boys growing up !
  • Patricia Rondeau San Diego, CA
    beautifully done...
  • Carolyn Smith Camas, WA
    Great color scheme. Nice job on the headboards! Your boys must love this room!