DIY Toy Animal Bookends

Art & Craft 09.13.15
Forget photo albums and that collector's addition of The Great Gatsby. These animal bookends are about to be your favorite item on your bookshelf. Go wild and make these DIY animal bookends in just a few simple steps: #DIYChallenge

You'll need: two wood blocks, paint (color of your choice), Gorilla Glue and a pair of your favorite plastic, toy animals.

1. Pick up some scrap wood from your local home improvement store. Smaller pieces are usually free, and you can sand them down so they appear more rustic.See more at:

• Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Cute. I'd like to make some using marble or granite tiles as the base and maybe have a back too.
    • Becky
      Becky Blair, NE
      Pat, that is a fun idea, as I enjoy painting faux finishes. In this case I'd rather use the real stone tiles for the weight needed to hold the books in place. In fact, I'm not so
  • Debbie Borthwick
    Love these, they would look great in my grandsons' rooms. Thanks for the tip! :)
  • Rebecca cart
    Rebecca cart Owensboro, KY
    What was that spray paint it looked so real?Luv this project !
  • Carol Harris
    Carol Harris Jonesboro, AR
    love it

Search Feedback