Easy Trick For A Sparkling Clean Pond

Pond ideas 11.16.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
If you have struggled to keep the water in your little pond sparkling clear, this may be the trick you've been looking for. I have tried this on several different garden ponds, ranging in size from 450 to 1200 gallons, and it has worked every time. Murky water clears within a day or two (most clear within hours), and then stays clear for months.

For more details and other pond and garden ideas, visit me at http://www.empressofdirt.net

• This simple trick should clear up most murky little ponds within hours.
  • You need polyester quilt batting (used for making bed quilts).
  • Get a wire basket (this is a garbage basket from the dollar store). It has to be bigger than your pond pump.
  • Cut out the quilt batting and wrap it around the outside of the wire basket.
  • Insert the pond pump.
  • Secure the batting in place with a bungee cord. Submerge the entire unit in the pond.
  • The quilt batting on the outside of the basket filters the water before it goes through the pump.
  • You'll be able to see your fish again!
  • And the plants will thrive.

To see more: http://www.empressofdirt.net/trickforcleanpondwater/

• Luann
    Luann Sullivan, MO
    there's a black plastic tub in my deck with large rocks, goldfish and fountain. the pond is so dark you can't see the bottom. The fountain is getting cleaned out every week. I live on a gravel road with a lot of dust. I want to remove the goldfish,
  • John Williams
    Below is a link to a DIY water treatment system designed around a vase fountain. Works great. The design is maintenance free. Its been running for 1 year with no issues.
  • Darlyne
    Darlyne Harpers Ferry, IA
    what do I use to get the green off the black plastic pond? I have taken fish, pump, lilies out. Tried bleach. That didn't work.
  • Sheila Kinney
    Sheila plainfield ct I have been reading your method on quilt batting we have a 1200 gallon koi pond with a 3000 pressurized uv filter and a 2400 laguna caged pump how would we wrap the pump in the quilt battng as it is a caged pump we have tried just
  • Bobcoraslight
    hello do you have to put the whole pump in the cage or does the fountain top stick out the top,,please let me know..thank you
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post