Hometalk.com

Green Living 05.20.13

Walnut and Leather lap desk

A couple months ago I saw a great post here on a niffy lap desk

http://www.hometalk.com/844275/laptop-desk-...

After I showed it to my sweetie she asked for one, and I was looking for one for me too. One of my daughters got on the band wagon too, so the shop roared to life with some new projects.

While the one listed above is a great inspiration ( thanks Thom) I decide to take it up few notches in true KMS Woodworks Style. I have been using locally harvested Walnut for a number of projects and recently got into a little bit of leather work. By combining the two I have come up with a nice piece that will provide some great functionality and match some of our living room decor. The solid wood top keeps the laptop running a bit cooler than when I used it on the fabric cushions... the leather keeps it from slipping.

My Daughters was the first prototype. Hers is stained Russian Olive, Mine is natural edge walnut. My sweeties is ready to have the

Time: 2 Weeks Cost: $100 Difficulty: Challenging
5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Wow, those are gorgeous!
  • Beautiful!!
  • Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    Those are really nice KMS Woodworks !
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I bet you already knew I'd be loving this one Kevin. That walnut is just gorgeous!
  • Sue G Chesapeake, VA
    Sweet looking and could be used for many different things. Kids love doing homework in the bedroom, on the bed ; ) very useful for that as well. I imagine all of Tori's friends want one as well )
  • Likes

EclecticInterests Joyce rhodenizer Elizabeth McElmurray Sherri Terry Davis Shanasha Bowman Donna Dixson Debbie Borthwick Lovingnapps