Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Walnut and Leather lap desk

Green Living 05.20.13
A couple months ago I saw a great post here on a niffy lap desk

http://www.hometalk.com/844275/laptop-desk-...

After I showed it to my sweetie she asked for one, and I was looking for one for me too. One of my daughters got on the band wagon too, so the shop roared to life with some new projects.

While the one listed above is a great inspiration ( thanks Thom) I decide to take it up few notches in true KMS Woodworks Style. I have been using locally harvested Walnut for a number of projects and recently got into a little bit of leather work. By combining the two I have come up with a nice piece that will provide some great functionality and match some of our living room decor. The solid wood top keeps the laptop running a bit cooler than when I used it on the fabric cushions... the leather keeps it from slipping.

My Daughters was the first prototype. Hers is stained Russian Olive, Mine is natural edge walnut. My sweeties is ready to have the

Time: 2 Weeks Cost: $100 Difficulty: Challenging
1163 on Feb 27, 2013
5 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 1 of 5 comments | See All Comments
  • Debbie Borthwick
    Beautiful!!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
KMS Woodworks

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing