The Makeover of a Dumpster Desk

Ideas 07.07.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects! - I found this old desk next to my dumpster, and knew immediately it had to be salvaged! I painted it with a beautiful ombre effect by mixing some white into my Annie Sloan Duck Egg Chalk Paint, to create the pretty drawers. Hard to believe this desk was FREE! It's where I do all of my blogging from every night :)
  • This desk had been found next to a dumpster, until I saved it and gave it this face lift! I used Annie Sloan Duck Egg, mixed with Pure White to produce the ombre effect on the drawers.
  • Poor thing had potential! All the drawers were intact. I just happened to remove them and snapped a quick "before" shot before getting started.
  • Everything you see in this pic was second-hand! The desk was from the dumpster...the chair, lamp, picture frame, and flower pots, came from the thrift store! :) This is where I do all my blogging, too!
  • The knobs came from a big sale that Antropologie was having at the time, for about $2.00 each!
  • A close up of these pretty knobs from Anthropologie, about $2.00 each.

To see more:

Thrift Diving

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post