My white kitchen tour

Ten years ago we had the ugliest house on the block when we moved in. And not much of a decorating budget. So we kept the kitchen lay-out intact, splurged on a few appliances. And used paint and vintage pieces to add personality.
  • No custom cabinetry here. We chose to paint our stock oak cabinets white. Then we found our door style at Home Depot and replaced some upper doors. Once painted, we dropped them off at a local glass shop for the panes.
  • To create coziness with the high ceilings we chose to add a pot rack. This helps with limited storage too.
  • We have granite tiles on counter, and splurged on slab for island. Tumbled marble is on backsplash.
  • These are large Saltillo- looking porcelain tiles chosen for durablity. Oh how I wished I'd used dark grout.
  • This black and cream valance is leftover from my office re-do. I just taped them from inside and voila!
  • It's hard to see unless you visit my blog, but I used lots of thrift store baskets and a red vintage trunk to add warmth and to balance all the white wood and cold tiles in here.
  • I like to use vintage silver pieces for everyday use. Here coffee stir sticks, sugars and teas are in a basket next to the coffee pot.
  • I keep my kitchen utensils inside an old trophy.
  • This is the other side of the room which is our family room. And those are my Annie Sloan chalk painted bricks I recently finished and posted on at my blog. I'm loving all the white! What do you think?

To see more:

• Robin Gillett
    Robin Gillett Keyport, NJ
    Always use dark grout when u tiling a floor it looks amazing ask them in flooring if u can use something to paint over the grout lines
  • Jan Loehr
    Jan Loehr Woodstock, GA
    Very lovely re-do all around! I especially love your glass cabinets in the fridge area..the shape makes this all look very custom! You have added much value to your home!
  • Mary T
    Mary T Goshen, KY
    Love love love!!
  • Sandra Whitmarsh
    Sandra Whitmarsh Renton, WA
    White cabinets are always fresh and light. They look great. Add your color with accents you can change easily. In Pacific Northwest I always go for the light. We have enough dark dreary days during the winter. Going into your cheerful kitchen would push
  • Wanda sinnema
    Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    Sandra is right on, light and bright for us here.. would love to have had this great sized kitchen when family was all closer.. looks like it would "gather' everyone here all the time..great job.
Leslie H

Search Feedback