Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 12 hours ago

My white kitchen tour

Ten years ago we had the ugliest house on the block when we moved in. And not much of a decorating budget. So we kept the kitchen lay-out intact, splurged on a few appliances. And used paint and vintage pieces to add personality.

To see more: http://gwenmossblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/this-is-my-kitchen.html

246 Comments Displaying 15 of 246 comments | See Previous
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    HI Jane. I'm so glad I saw your comment, I'm in the process of relocating and it's been hard to keep up with my comments.

#1 Regarding the question of pure white vs. cream I have to warn you that I'm not someone who worries about matching my

• Stacy Des Plaines, IL
    I use my old brita type water pitcher as my utensil holder. Its really big, that helps. Your kitchen is beautiful.
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    thanks Bethany!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    you'll never believe this Ellen but I don't like it as much when it's polished. Hmm...don't know what that says about me :)
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    thank you JCC!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    yep. you're right. now that we've moved and I'm seeing some of the fixers on the market I appreciate what I had more.
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    thanks Allison!
  • I LOVE your kitchen and everything in it. Beautiful job.
  • Paula Beckham Murrells Inlet, SC
    Love that tarnished silver!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    hahaha a fellow vintage love decorator!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    thanks bonn! I appreciate your visit.
  • Ellen R Ridgeway, SC
    To each his own but it will ruin if not cleaned with polish.
  • Judith Rio Poplar Grove, IL
    Lovely kitchen except why is it always painted? Why always white which is sterile and evokes no emotion or warmth. You stated you had to add baskets and the red trunk for warmth. I just wish someone would stop painting the oak and other find woods white.
  • Carrie Hutchinson, MN
    You have an absolutely beautiful family kitchen/living area!
  • Lola Schultz Saint Paul, MN
    I love the white cabinetry. So fresh & clean and much easier to keep it clean. Natural wood doesn't show dirt, resulting in people not cleaning it. Yuck. Totally beautiful kitchen. Definitely ads a lot of value to your home.