My white kitchen tour

kitchen design ideas 3 hours ago
Ten years ago we had the ugliest house on the block when we moved in. And not much of a decorating budget. So we kept the kitchen lay-out intact, splurged on a few appliances. And used paint and vintage pieces to add personality.
  • No custom cabinetry here. We chose to paint our stock oak cabinets white. Then we found our door style at Home Depot and replaced some upper doors. Once painted, we dropped them off at a local glass shop for the panes.
  • To create coziness with the high ceilings we chose to add a pot rack. This helps with limited storage too.
  • We have granite tiles on counter, and splurged on slab for island. Tumbled marble is on backsplash.
  • These are large Saltillo- looking porcelain tiles chosen for durablity. Oh how I wished I'd used dark grout.
  • This black and cream valance is leftover from my office re-do. I just taped them from inside and voila!
  • It's hard to see unless you visit my blog, but I used lots of thrift store baskets and a red vintage trunk to add warmth and to balance all the white wood and cold tiles in here.
  • I like to use vintage silver pieces for everyday use. Here coffee stir sticks, sugars and teas are in a basket next to the coffee pot.
  • I keep my kitchen utensils inside an old trophy.
  • This is the other side of the room which is our family room. And those are my Annie Sloan chalk painted bricks I recently finished and posted on at my blog. I'm loving all the white! What do you think?

To see more: http://gwenmossblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/this-is-my-kitchen.html

• Cindy-Carroll Allen-Carley
    Love everything about the kitchen!!!
  • Karen Pothier
    Karen Pothier Demorest, GA
    so far, I think this is one of my favourite kitchens!
  • Judy Bradley
    Judy Bradley Niceville, FL
    Beautiful kitchen! I love the cabinets!
  • Tammy
    Tammy Belden, MS
    I live everything about this kitchen! lovely!
  • Carolyn Faye Blizzard Lanier
    This is absolutely beautiful, you did a great job, and I love your colors.
  • Christina Rehm
    Christina Rehm Toledo, OH
    sure looks like a huge kitchen, doesn't,t look like your poor to me. You have a rich persons kitchen. Come see mine then you can complain about a kitchen
  • Karen
    Karen Agawam, MA
    It's absolutely gorgeous. Love, love, love it!! Thanks for sharing ... I think you might have opened eyes for me :)
  • Diane
    Diane Blairstown, NJ
    You did a fantastic job! I love it.
  • Greedith B
    Greedith B Cub Run, KY
    I really love the mix of the bright white and the earth tones with the tile. Great job!!!
  • Betty Webb
    Betty Webb Wilmore, KY
    I love it! I favor white cabinets, but mine are oak…scared to paint them. Wonder about the durability and time frame having kitchen torn up from start to finish.
    • Dorothy Brady
      Dorothy Brady Germantown, MD
      Betty Webb Your thoughts are identical to mine. We just moved last month from my beautiful white kitchen to a much smaller kitchen with oak cabinets and oak island. Not loving it.
  • Cindy Laskevich
    Cindy Laskevich Rutland, VT
    You have a great eye. There are grout staining products if you want a darker look. I used it years ago. Time-consuming but effective.
  • Tracy Bromage
    I`ve always loved white kitchens and I love how you put in a splash of black with the chairs. I add a little black in all the rooms I feel it helps to ground a space. I also think dark grout would of looked different and great on the floors but they are
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie Valrico, FL
    Have you ever thought about taking up interior decorating or staging???? Fabulous job with all that you did!
  • Donna Conrad
    Donna Conrad Orlando, FL
    A Beautiful Kitchen! Bravo! Take A Bow!
  • Kim STory
    Kim STory Goodlettsville, TN
    Looks awesome! I am very impressed with everything you've done.
Leslie H

Search Feedback