My white kitchen tour

Growing Vegies 03.05.16
Ten years ago we had the ugliest house on the block when we moved in. And not much of a decorating budget. So we kept the kitchen lay-out intact, splurged on a few appliances. And used paint and vintage pieces to add personality.

To see more: http://gwenmossblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/this-is-my-kitchen.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Suzy Flanagan Wright
    Well, it sure is pretty, but looks more than a minor re-do with new tiles/countertops, etc. I'd like to see a before pic to get an idea of how bad the white was. Looks quite expensive re-do. Costs?
  • Ann McNattin
    Ann McNattin Saint Paul, MN
    This is beautiful. But "ugliest house on the block"? I hardly think so.
  • Andrea R
    Andrea R Westminster, CA
    The end result of your makeover is lovely. However we lost a lot of the impact of "wow look what she did" without a BEFORE picture.
  • Lonestarlady
    Lonestarlady Spring, TX
    Soooo pretty!! Working with what you have and making it a showroom is very rewarding! Great job!
  • Sharon Wingard
    Sharon Wingard Indiana, PA
    this is beautiful. what was the total redo cost? seems like it would be pricey.
  • Leah Johnson
    I could fit my kitchen inside one of your cabinets- well almost... it is 8 ft wide, and 12 ft long with dining room-kitchen door in the north east corner, chiminey north west corner, and outside door and basement door to the south west.. when we bought
  • Bonnie Erwin
    Bonnie Erwin Sycamore, IL
    I'd love to see the before picture's. You had to have taken some... being so proud of limited budget make over.
  • Wendy G Butler
    Wendy G Butler Abbeville, SC
    the op had to add the hype to get you to her blog...it's all about stats....
  • Bonnie T
    Bonnie T Palatka, FL
    gorgeous! I love painted kitchen cabinets
  • Karen Rossman Clark
    Karen Rossman Clark Brookings, OR
    Inspirational as I have an old kitchen that needs updating and I have limited funds.
  • Dee Rush
    Dee Rush Freeport, TX
    What did it look like before?
  • Nancy Bee
    Nancy Bee Canada
    Limited storage? Good grief, your kitchen is the size of my house!
    • Jan Remling
      Jan Remling Sheboygan, WI
      Nancy Bomak I was going to say the same thing. My entire work area is 3 square feet in an L shape. It's a beautiful kitchen for sure.
  • Shirley Whitfield
    Shirley Whitfield Florence, AL
    I painted my dark cabinets at least 10 years ago & never been sorry . Sanded them down & used Diamond hard paint from Pittsburg paints Sill as white as ever !
  • Michele Whitney
    Michele Whitney Hooks, TX
    Beautiful
  • Colette.gov
    So the enormously high ceiling, the tile floor, the back splash, the inset lighting, the underset sink and new facets and all those modern light controlling rheostats were there ? Paint and some vintage pieces - yea, right !
Leslie H