Hometalk.com

03.02.13

ANNIE SLOAN PAINT

WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF YOU CAN PUT POLYURATHANE OVER ANNIE SLOAN CHALK PAINT?
6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    The traditional "top coat" is a paste wax but may have used poly...both the oil and water based. It will change the overall appearance...part of the "look" of chalk paint is its flat and old timey appearance. Poly will cover some of that charm
  • Donna C Marietta, GA
    Thank you KMS Woodworks.Yes I use the paint often but was just wondering .I guess I can just try on a piece of wood first.
  • Carol C Battle Creek, MI
    I've used Minwax's rub on poly and Valspar's poly and glazes with good results. KMS is right, it's just a different look.
  • Homeroad Greenlawn, NY
    They make their own lacquer, matt finish made for a durable top coat...

http://www.anniesloan.com/acatalog/copy_of_L...

• Carol C Battle Creek, MI
    I used the Annie Sloan lacquer on my kitchen island...it's a bit tricky to use...though I think it is very durable, I've found other sealers a little easier to work with.
  • only the Annie Sloan lacquer. All others will yellow the lighter colours of the palette.
  • Like

Shelia Sprinkle