Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner

cleaning 23 hours ago
I love this recipe for Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner. With only three ingredients it is easy to use and costs only pennies per serving. I used it and my toilets were shining.

Removing toxins from my home without using chemicals is important, so this non toxic homemade toilet bowl cleaner is a winner. For those of you who don't like the smell of vinegar the Melaleuca essential oil will not only mask the smell but will also serve as a sanitizer.

I highly recommend this do it yourself recipe for Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I just added the baking soda, Melaleuca or Tee-Tree Essential Oil and then the vinegar and let it soak for about 10 minutes. I followed up by scrubbing it with my toilet bowl brush.

1/2 - 3/4 cup baking soda

8 - 10 drops tea-tree or melaleuca essential oil

1/2 - 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar

Pour Baking Soda directly into the toilet boil add oil, then vinegar - in this order.

To see more: http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2013/02/homemade-toilet-bowl-cleaner/

186 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 22 of 186 comments | See Previous
  • Laila Garrett
    Laila Garrett Richmond, IN
    I just do the vinegar and baking soda. 1 small box (I buy by the case it's cheaper) and 1 1/2 cups of distilled vinegar. I let it sit for 10 -15 mins then scrub with a bowl brush, flush and add 1 cup vinegar to the tank, let it sit til full then flush again.
  • Marie Adams
    Marie Adams Kemp, TX
    A few drops of any soap, dish soap or shampoo you don't like, and a swish of the brush at least every other day and your toilet will be clean all the time. It only takes 30 seconds. Soap is soap.
    • Jenni
      Jenni Omaha, NE
      Marie Adams While I appreciate your hint, I wouldn't think the toilet would be really clean without vinegar or even bleach. Thanks for the tip.
  • Mistyblue
    Mistyblue Cincinnati, OH
    Best thing for hardwater rings in the bowls is one package of lemon koolaid in the tank, crazy but it works great!!! Once a week and it stays sparkling clean and smells great!
  • Mary Golden
    wouldn't it look yellow in the bowl?
  • Julie Viada
    Julie Viada San Leandro, CA
    I have been buying denture cleaner tablets from the dollar store & they work WONDERS
  • Karen Rossman Clark
    Karen Rossman Clark Brookings, OR
    I have been using just the baking soda so was HAPPY to find a possibly better combination here!
  • Beverly
    Beverly Bloomfield, CT
    Agreed, however, can't see throwing it into a toilet. Too many other ways to clean and vinegar plus baking soda will do the job without tea tree oil.
  • Ellen M
    Will this work on tubs?
    • Kathy hodges
      kathy hodges Harned, KY
      Ellen M On my tub I use vinegar, dawn and some bking soda. It does a fantastic job. Made my tub sparkle.
    • GG
      GG Sisseton, SD
      Kathy hodges Can you tell me what amounts of each? Do you just mix them together and use as a paste?
  • Barbara Meyer
    Barbara Meyer South Jordan, UT
    I still like the vinegar and dawn mixture on all hard water rings, spots etc.. Equal amounts, sit 5-10 minutes, the dawn keeps the vinegar sitting where you put it. Shower doors, toilet rings, less stinky and not toxic. : )
  • Marie Adams
    Marie Adams Kemp, TX
    I understand your thought, but we don't wash our hands in vinegar or bleach, so it makes no sense to me to bleach the toilet. We eat with our hands, but we don't eat from the toilet.....soap we wash our hands or body with should be good enough.
  • Inez
    Inez Saint Peters, MO
    How many denture tablets do you use?
    • Karen Cypret
      Karen Cypret Washburn, MO
      @ Inez I use 2 and let it sit for a while then when it it is dissolved, I swish and flush.
  • Beverly
    Beverly Bloomfield, CT
    I have bought it at a 'health food' store.
  • Ellen M
    Thanks for the info!
  • Louise
    Louise Norcross, GA
    I often see essential oil as an ingredient. Exactly what is this and where does one buy it? And what's the cost? Is it only for a nice scent?
  • Aholeamerica
    come on get real, didn't anyone take chemistry class

vinegar and baking soda make water dummy

Stockpiling Moms

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing