Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner

I love this recipe for Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner. With only three ingredients it is easy to use and costs only pennies per serving. I used it and my toilets were shining.

Removing toxins from my home without using chemicals is important, so this non toxic homemade toilet bowl cleaner is a winner. For those of you who don't like the smell of vinegar the Melaleuca essential oil will not only mask the smell but will also serve as a sanitizer.

I highly recommend this do it yourself recipe for Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I just added the baking soda, Melaleuca or Tee-Tree Essential Oil and then the vinegar and let it soak for about 10 minutes. I followed up by scrubbing it with my toilet bowl brush.

1/2 - 3/4 cup baking soda

8 - 10 drops tea-tree or melaleuca essential oil

1/2 - 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar

Pour Baking Soda directly into the toilet boil add oil, then vinegar - in this order.

To see more: http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2013/02/homemade-toilet-bowl-cleaner/

• Ellen M
    Ellen M Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks for the info!
  • Louise
    Louise Norcross, GA
    I often see essential oil as an ingredient. Exactly what is this and where does one buy it? And what's the cost? Is it only for a nice scent?
    • Julie Yeary
      Julie Yeary Tipton, IN
      I do it different. I don't use the oil I put vinegar in let it set maybe half an hour. Then I add baking soda. I keep adding until it doesn't fizz. I might try the oil I have some. I bought mine on Amazon it seemed reasonable.
  • Aholeamerica
    come on get real, didn't anyone take chemistry class

vinegar and baking soda make water dummy

• Kinsky
    kinsky Los Angeles, CA
    AHOLEAMERICA...Vinegar and baking soda mixed make wonderful cleaning bubbles.....lol
  • IndianaBound
    IndianaBound Indiana, PA
    Vinegar by itself will dissolve the deposits left by hard water wherever they are - around faucets, toilet bowls, bathtubs, under flower pots etc. It needs time to dissolve the deposits so leave it on for a while. The amount of time depends on how
Stockpiling Moms

Search Feedback