Hometalk.com

Easter 2 days ago

Dyed and Speckled Eggs

It's that time of year... time to add some eggs to the decor. These eggs are blown, dyed and then speckled. Use food coloring and vinegar to dye the eggs and a metallic Sharpie to create the speckles. #SpringFever #Easter

To see more: http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2013/03/celebrations-dyed-speckled-easter-eggs.html

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • Love these Carolyn
  • Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you everyone. It's really beginning to feel like spring!
  • Lizy McGow Flat Rock, MI
    Very Pretty!
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    I have eggs that look like that from my chickens.
  • Marilee H Youngstown, OH
    Really cute!
  • Carol Petto Portage, MI
    Love this.
  • These are so sweet Carolyn!!
  • Unique idea for Easter. Thanks Carolyn
  • Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you so much everyone @Debby Boyle - I would love to have chickens that laid speckled eggs. Wow!
  • Kathy Cerwin Mico, TX
    very pretty. I have americana chickens and they lay blue, green and i even get a pink egg every now and then. I will have to get one of those pens to speckle them. thanks for the idea!!!
  • So nice :x
  • Nan C Rossville, GA
    My favorite colors together, just Beautiful!!
  • A faster and easier way to make spots on your colored eggs is to use a cheap stiff toothbrush. Have your paint rather runny or could be thicker according to the look you desire.. Rub just the tips of the bristles in a little puddle of paint. Hold it
  • Love the eggs! I've pinned and will be doing this project! Thanks!
  • Cris Cunningham East Setauket, NY
    LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing