Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Repurposed Frappuccino Bottles

Decor Ideas 7 days ago
I dearly love Starbucks bottled Frappuccinos!

I found a way to justify my consumption!

#Love2Repurpose !

These glass bottles have clear labels that come off super easy, and then if you wash them in the dishwasher any residue that is left will come off during the wash. They look very much like vintage milk bottles....love this look.

We use them as drinking bottles...they look great with paper straws in them, vases...have fun tying burlap or twine around the neck to dress them up a bit...... we also use them for our collection of sand from the different beaches that we have visited.

You can leave the lids as they are...or spray paint them any color you wish. For my son's sand collection we spray the lids silver...for the collection above we just left the lids as they are because we store them on a high shelf. We then tie a tag with the beach's name on it around the neck.

Time: 30 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://cottageintheoaks.com/2012/05/09/special-mementos-containers/

50 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 50 comments | See Previous
  • Terri Wangler
    Terri Wangler Warrenton, VA
    Those tags, are key tags. Available at Staples. Martha Stewart also carries some tags, and Chalkboard labels will look good too. Also,available at Staples.
  • Daune | Cottage in the Oaks
    Yep! You're right....they're pretty easy to find at any craft/art or office supply store. =)
  • Mary Hill
    Mary Hill Los Lunas, NM
    Great ideals! Love it.
  • Sherry Misty O'steen
    Sherry Misty O'steen Fayetteville, NC
    these would be great for flavored sugars, such as vanilla,lemon and lavender. no container buying i already bought the frapp.
  • Linda
    Linda Syracuse, NY
    Why not fill up the bottles with Epsom salts and lavender, too ? (Only don't pour these in to whirlpool or jet tub ... the lavender can clog the jets and lines..)
  • DeEtte Bruce
    DeEtte Bruce Sheppard Afb, TX
    How are you printing on tags? Label maker?
  • Jo N
    Jo N Aurora, IL
    I have some jars that I want to stencil and etch the names of herbs. I grow my own herbs and these would be perfect to store those dried herbs. Pain the tops with chalk paint and store on a shelf in an old fashioned wooden cola box (the kind with
  • Daune | Cottage in the Oaks
    DeEtte Bruce I used a labeler with clear tape to label the little tags on each bottle. =)
  • Judy Adams
    Judy Adams West Richland, WA
    Wonderful save , fill them with dried homegrown herbs a raffia tie with the label and you have a winner.
  • Daune | Cottage in the Oaks
    Sounds great, Judy Adams ! What a great idea!
  • Laura Umphenour
    Laura Umphenour Prescott, KS
    We don't drink Frapuccinos but we do drink Yoohoo and those bottles are great, too. I also like painting the lids with chalk paint.
  • Le'
    Le' Woodville, TX
    So, I am not the only one fascinated with the difference of sand and rocks. When we left from Cape Cod (vacation) they searched my bags because I had them full of zip lock bags of sand and I had some large rocks. They thought it too heavy to be clothes.
  • Rainey Sundays
    Rainey Sundays Joliet, IL
    i use mine for leftover macaronies or sugar and cherrios and vinegar etc so i dont have almost empty boxes in my cabinets and they work great. i also use them for spatulas and spoons etc for my counter top. i love them and they come in handy and look
  • Rainey Sundays
    Rainey Sundays Joliet, IL
    have one in the bathroom for toothbrush
  • Rainey Sundays
    Rainey Sundays Joliet, IL
    use em for straws too
Daune | Cottage in the Oaks

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing