Hometalk.com

Repurposed Frappuccino Bottles

I dearly love Starbucks bottled Frappuccinos!

I found a way to justify my consumption!

#Love2Repurpose !

These glass bottles have clear labels that come off super easy, and then if you wash them in the dishwasher any residue that is left will come off during the wash. They look very much like vintage milk bottles....love this look.

We use them as drinking bottles...they look great with paper straws in them, vases...have fun tying burlap or twine around the neck to dress them up a bit...... we also use them for our collection of sand from the different beaches that we have visited.

You can leave the lids as they are...or spray paint them any color you wish. For my son's sand collection we spray the lids silver...for the collection above we just left the lids as they are because we store them on a high shelf. We then tie a tag with the beach's name on it around the neck.

Time: 30 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://cottageintheoaks.com/2012/05/09/special-mementos-containers/

45 Comments Displaying 15 of 45 comments | See Previous
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Where do you the get tags at?
  • MARY T Fountain, CO
    Very nice. I like the bottles too.
  • I think these are the most fun bottles to reuse! =)
  • Ester Age San Antonio, TX
    Really great idea, sorry recycle bin... ♥ :)
  • Hahahaha! These bottles are so fun....I can't see how anyone can throw them away! =)
  • Terri Wangler Warrenton, VA
    Those tags, are key tags. Available at Staples. Martha Stewart also carries some tags, and Chalkboard labels will look good too. Also,available at Staples.
  • Yep! You're right....they're pretty easy to find at any craft/art or office supply store. =)
  • Mary Hill Los Lunas, NM
    Great ideals! Love it.
  • Sherry Misty O'steen Fayetteville, NC
    these would be great for flavored sugars, such as vanilla,lemon and lavender. no container buying i already bought the frapp.
  • Linda Syracuse, NY
    Why not fill up the bottles with Epsom salts and lavender, too ? (Only don't pour these in to whirlpool or jet tub ... the lavender can clog the jets and lines..)
  • DeEtte Bruce Sheppard Afb, TX
    How are you printing on tags? Label maker?
  • Jo N Aurora, IL
    I have some jars that I want to stencil and etch the names of herbs. I grow my own herbs and these would be perfect to store those dried herbs. Pain the tops with chalk paint and store on a shelf in an old fashioned wooden cola box (the kind with
  • DeEtte Bruce I used a labeler with clear tape to label the little tags on each bottle. =)
  • Judy Adams West Richland, WA
    Wonderful save , fill them with dried homegrown herbs a raffia tie with the label and you have a winner.
  • Sounds great, Judy Adams ! What a great idea!