Family Room Reveal - Making What You Have Work

Awesome Remodels 04.02.15
Decorating after a move into a new home can really be a challenge. What worked in your last home, does not always work as well in your new home. This is what happened to us.

We have a big wool traditional style rug that we love and it looked great in our last home with dark wood floors. Put that same rug with lighter wood floors and it looks very different.

Determined to make it work I pulled the colors from the rug (black, ivory, red and green) and used them throughout the room. I love lots of texture and shine in a room so I also added several baskets, silver accessories, weathered pieces, burlap and linen.

Hope you will stop by my blog for the full tour, lots of pictures to share.

To see more: http://www.theendearinghome.com/2013/03/06/family-room-reveal/

• Stephanie Coffey Starck
    Stephanie Coffey Starck Louisville, KY
    I've been looking for buffalo check curtains and can't seem to find any, do you mind sharing where you purchased them or are they custom?
    • The Endearing Home
      Stephanie Coffey Starck The curtains are from Country Curtains. The panels are sold in pairs and they also sell the fabric by the yard if you wanted to make them on your own. I ordered the 96" panels and love them!
  • Cheryl Ping
    Cheryl Ping Somerset, KY
    I really love the area rug! Do you mind sharing with me where you purchased it?
  • Michelle Westcott
    Michelle Westcott Oviedo, FL
    I love how all your furniture is arranged. It all flows so well and is so inviting! I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to arrange things in my awkward space of a living room. I'd love to pick your brain some time if you don't mind.
  • Kim
    Kim Charleston, IL
    I love the combination of black and white check with the curtains you have hung in the dining area!! Where did you buy the ones in the dining area? This is such a cozy look!!
  • Kim
    Kim Charleston, IL
    Thank you!!!
The Endearing Home

Search Feedback