Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Family Room Reveal - Making What You Have Work

01.01.15
Decorating after a move into a new home can really be a challenge. What worked in your last home, does not always work as well in your new home. This is what happened to us.

We have a big wool traditional style rug that we love and it looked great in our last home with dark wood floors. Put that same rug with lighter wood floors and it looks very different.

Determined to make it work I pulled the colors from the rug (black, ivory, red and green) and used them throughout the room. I love lots of texture and shine in a room so I also added several baskets, silver accessories, weathered pieces, burlap and linen.

Hope you will stop by my blog for the full tour, lots of pictures to share.

To see more: http://www.theendearinghome.com/2013/03/06/family-room-reveal/

51 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 18 of 51 comments | See Previous
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Yes me too Christa V and mine is the worst.....so I understand it all. She did a beautiful job and I too am on the bandwagon about the Buffalo Gingham drapery panels. I wanted them for my bedroom in a pale blue, but could not find AND/OR afford them, so
  • Wanda sinnema
    Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    stunning and inviting.. it says family gathering spot..... grab a cup of tea, book and relax,,we are redoing out living room sooon.. and have looked at the color of paint..great choice..
  • Sharon
    Sharon Palos Heights, IL
    Sharon Russell I love this room. You did an excellent job of reusing and reinventing!

I hope you don't mind if I copy some of your ideas. Absolutely

• Cindy
    Cindy Sumner, WA
    Beautiful!
  • Lisa
    Lisa New Hartford, CT
    Absolutely stunning! I love how welcoming the room looks!
  • Debbie Chapman
    Debbie Chapman Overland Park, KS
    Great job!
  • Kim Fisher
    Kim Fisher Arden, NC
    Your home is GORGEOUS!! What color did you use on the walls?
  • Dee someson
    Dee someson Hobart, IN
    I love it and where did you get the curtains? I have the same rug and am a little bored but hard to change the rug, you have inspired me.
  • Lori Jackson
    Lori Jackson Broken Bow, NE
    Love your color choice on the walls and the drapes. The whole room is so inviting and looks like a room to really be lived in.
  • Peggy Modglin
    Peggy Modglin Punta Gorda, FL
    Your room is very pretty and yet so warm and inviting. Just asks you to come on in and sit for a while!
  • Stephanie Coffey Starck
    Stephanie Coffey Starck Louisville, KY
    I've been looking for buffalo check curtains and can't seem to find any, do you mind sharing where you purchased them or are they custom?
    • The Endearing Home
      Stephanie Coffey Starck The curtains are from Country Curtains. The panels are sold in pairs and they also sell the fabric by the yard if you wanted to make them on your own. I ordered the 96" panels and love them!
  • Cheryl Ping
    Cheryl Ping Somerset, KY
    I really love the area rug! Do you mind sharing with me where you purchased it?
  • Michelle Westcott
    I love how all your furniture is arranged. It all flows so well and is so inviting! I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to arrange things in my awkward space of a living room. I'd love to pick your brain some time if you don't mind.
  • Kim
    Kim Charleston, IL
    I love the combination of black and white check with the curtains you have hung in the dining area!! Where did you buy the ones in the dining area? This is such a cozy look!!
  • Kim
    Kim Charleston, IL
    Thank you!!!
The Endearing Home

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing