A Tea Party for the Birds

I found these stair spindles for $1 each at the ReStore and had these small plates from a thrift store. I simply glued them together and added some bird seed. Now I just need to wait for spring to arrive! #SpringFever

To see more visit http://www.2littlesuperheroes.com/2013/03/it...

Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $2 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.2littlesuperheroes.com/2013/03/its-a-tea-party-for-the-birds.html/

• Karen Johnson
    Karen Johnson Sacramento, CA
    great idea
  • Sue
    Sue Allentown, PA
    What a great idea to reuse old plates. A tea cup and saucer would work too.
  • 2 Little Superheroes
    Yeah I've seen them done with a tea cup and they are so cute.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Very tweet!
  • Debby Boyle
    Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    I have made these for years. They are all over my yard in the spring and summer!
  • Patti
    Patti Lynchburg, VA
    Love this. I want to try with a shallow bowl for a bird bath.
  • 2 Little Superheroes
    Patti , I've seen it done with a cup and saucer and the cup is used at the bird bath.
  • Pamela
    Pamela Kelseyville, CA
    I read that a open bird feeder can breed unhealthy conditions for birds and even kill them, because they can poop in them and spread diseases? Anyone ever heard this?
    • Janis Payne
      Janis Payne Kyle, TX
      You should only put out what will be eaten in a day in open feeders. Water needs to be changed for them too daily they love to poop in it! Weekly cleans of feeders and bird baths is also important. Never give them wet old food. I've seen feeders with
  • 2 Little Superheroes
    Did not know this. Even my store bought feeders have an open saucer base on them.
  • Debi McCoy
    Debi McCoy Blacksburg, VA
    I would use E6000 glue instead -- sometimes gorilla glue doesn't adhere to glass.
  • KathrynElizabeth Etier
    I've made several of these feeders, but my big problem is getting them to stand up straight in our rocky, mountain soil (and not, it's not Rocky Mountains, it's Blue Ridge Mountains). Any suggestions would be warmly received and deeply appreciated.
  • Debi McCoy
    Debi McCoy Blacksburg, VA
    make the end piece into a point that should keep it in the ground
  • Kathy
    Kathy Independence, OR
    Maybe some Quickcrete in a container of some kind to get the post to stand straight? I have thought of using plastic coffee container,especially 1 with handle. Then grab handle with 1 hand and post with other to move. Or you could punch hole in a can
2 Little Superheroes