• Matthew Ryan
    Matthew Ryan Madison, MS
    Mine dried in about 45 min. But i waited 2 hours. (water based poly)
  • Matthew Ryan
    Matthew Ryan Madison, MS
    I put mine right on top of the 4x8 sheets of plywood subfloor
  • Amanda MccoyVowell
    I was curious to about cleaning it? can you mop it with regular cleaners or what?
  • Shelley Sweitzer
    Shelley Sweitzer Mattawana, PA
    Can you do this on top of linoleum or do you need to remove it? How durable is it with dogs? Did you rip the bags into different size pieces and over lap? I Love This!!!)
    • Cyndi Dimanno
      Cyndi Dimanno Maryville, TN
      U can do it on top
    • Cyndi Dimanno
      Cyndi Dimanno Maryville, TN
      It will stand up to dogs with at least 4 coats of poly. Try not to overlap it will bubble
  • Cindy Hernandez
    Cindy Hernandez Clute, TX
    just bought a house the floor is concrete what would I have to do first to do this kinda paper floor on

• Dennis
    Dennis Kansas City, MO
    Can you a oil base polyurethane?
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    I have a concrete slab house & I am sure it has that nasty black asbestos glue on it from when they put down those old 9 in linoleum tiles........ so I had to do myself. I only sanded enough to be confident it was still porous (so far not finished YET).
    • Farra Wicks
      Sheryll S Did you sand down the black glue?? I just bought a house and pulled back the carpet to find flooring similar to what you describe, though the tiles are still somewhat
    • Sheryll S
      Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
      Farra Wicks Hi, I am surely no expert. I just did what I did... I can not recommend the abesto's worry to anyone except they should seek professiional advice if the test comes
  • Penny Gray
    Penny Gray West Fork, AR
    We want to do this in our new house but are worried about our pets running around and scratching it all up. Does it show up scratches form animals or things getting moved on it?
    • Amy
      Amy Wildwood, NJ
      Penny Gray No. You cannot believe how durable! We did 15 coats of Poly tho.
  • Cleta spencer
    cleta spencer Richwood, WV
    I have a smaller room I would love to do this but I have a few questions, can you over lap the pieces of paper and does the paper not puff up or tear when putting on the "wet" stain?? It would seem that the stain would make the paper bags tear, split or
    • Matthew Ryan
      Matthew Ryan Madison, MS
      Cleta spencer have to overlap pieces 1/2 inch or so because paper shrinks. Paper did not tear for me during stain process (I used a roller) ...Only mistake i made was i didnt
    • Anna Evans
      Anna Evans Bainbridge, OH
      Cleta spencer I just done a room and hallway and the best way to put stain on is with a rag just as you would a real wood floor and wipe off excess it seems to even out the
  • Barbara C
    Barbara C Seattle, WA
    I found you can get instructions from You Tube.. Just put in How to Paper Bag Floors... and it will bring up about 10 videos on how to do this.. I can't do this because I live in an Apartment.. But it would be so much fun doing.... the results are
  • Ingrid Shapiro
    Ingrid Shapiro Fort Myers, FL
    Ingrid Shapiro, Ft. Myers, FL. My girlfriend did this on a coffee table, and it looked fantastic. Love the look. Big job for the floor.
  • Lisa
    Lisa Calhoun, LA
    I am in the process of doing this. I stained of my living room. Waited then did the other half and the stain is darker on second side. What do I do?
  • Linda Lee
    Linda Lee Rollingstone, MN
    I did this to my old, cracked kitchen walls. I didn't poly over it. I get so many compliments on it!
  • Alethea S
    Alethea S Springfield, OH
    @ Ashley , I just did my guest bathroom floor and I am SO pleased with most of it - just what I wanted! But, there are some dark splotches, mostly on the edges of some of the individual paper pieces. :( Is it because they weren't glued down tightly
  • Dale Tracy
    Dale Tracy Shippensburg, PA
    Can you lay paper bag floor over pergo floor??? I got all the supplies but want to know before I start someone please respond
Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection