Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Cleaning tips 03.22.13

Tip: Granite stains and WD-40

Just wanted to share a tip -- WD-40 takes out stains in granite! I was clipping some lilies and the reddish pollen fell on our granite countertop. It stained it immediately and spray cleaner wouldn't get it out. On a whim I sprayed it with WD-40 and wiped with a paper towel, and it took the stain out! I then sprayed the whole countertop with it and wiped it, and more and more orange came off on the towel.
2 Comments Displaying 2 of 2 comments
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    was your granite previously sealed?...many folks perform the "lemon juice and oil" test on a scrap of granite to test its density and resistance to etching. Some light color granite will darken and "look" stained when exposed to oil. this is normally not
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Melissa G
    Melissa G Atlanta, GA
    Interesting! I don't know if it was sealed before. It's a dark granite -- a mix of black and brown.
Melissa G
  • Likes

Dana Robinson Bobbye McCartha

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!