Hometalk.com

For the Kids 11.24.13

BEFORE & AFTER: The Makeover of a Wooden Play Kitchen

I found this beat up wooden play kitchen from the thrift store for only $2.50! I knew immediately it could be beautiful! I didn't want it to be "girly" or "kiddie" so I chose Annie Sloan Antibes Green for the outside, and Annie Sloan Napoleonic Blue for the interior. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut new vinyl burners, and I mitered trim to make panels on the door, which are Mod Podged with fabric from a vintage table cloth from the thrift store. I also added cup hooks to the side for measuring spoons (which are also from the thrift store!). For more pics and VIDEOS of the whole processes, with more detail, you can find it on the blog post. Enjoy!

To see more: http://www.thriftdiving.com/2013/03/wooden-play-kitchen-2.html

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    That is so cute! I love what you did. Looks like your boys love it too!
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks Miriam I ! They really do!
  • Denise Sedgwick Fort Worth, TX
    I have a similar kitchen set in my attic!! What type of paint did you use? Is it regular ol' room paint in matte? Did you sand it before painting?
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    I used Annie Sloan chalk paint, Antibes Green and Napoleonic Blue in the inside. Only sanding was to remove some of the sticker residue from the old burners!
  • Jason Destiny El Cerrito, CA
    That would also make a very cute storage cupboard for spices or such.
  • Jeanine Wester Peoria, IL
    I love those panels you added to the front; great idea!!
  • Dedi Wood Plano, TX
    OMG I remember this "stove" from when I was a kid..I used to play with them at daycare and school...
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks for all the comments, ladies! :)