DIY Faux Cranberry Glass

DIY Beach Art 5 days ago
I am obsessed with painted glass bottles and jars. I have seen so many beautiful projects lately; simple spray painted bottles, white paint inside of the glass resulting in a milk glass effect and Mod Podge and blue food coloring inside of the glass which makes beautiful sea glass.

I decided to try making faux cranberry glass. True cranberry glass is an art and the glass is typically hand blown. You can use Mod Podge and food coloring to create the look of cranberry glass. Use old jars and bottles for an instant faux cranberry glass collection. #SpringDecor #favoriteproject

To see more: http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/07/etceteras-cranberry-glass.html

• Vickie Jolley Montooth
    Vickie Jolley Montooth Campobello, SC
    Nice!
  • Jeri Turner
    Jeri Turner Orange, TX
    very nice!!!!!!
  • Peg
    Peg Saint George, UT
    Very cute!
  • Mary Beck
    Beautiful !! Nice Job
  • Peggy Jones
    Peggy Jones Bardstown, KY
    I have done this too, but you cannot put water in and use as a vase since the Mod Podge with dissolve. Could use a slim vase to drop inside for the water.
  • Dorene H
    Dorene H Lehigh Acres, FL
    Very clever .. Pretty
  • Socorro Alaniz
    Socorro Alaniz Bonita, CA
    something else to add to my "to do" list by Dec. 20th! Thanks a lot Missy..... LOL. :)
  • Beth Cole Byrne
    Beth Cole Byrne Pittsford, NY
    They're very pretty!
  • LouAnne S
    LouAnne S Antioch, CA
    I have a really old clear glass wine jug that has grapes & leaves embossed on it. Would putting the mixture INside show the embossing well or would it be better to paint the outside to show off the design?
    • Carolyn ~ homework
      Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
      LouAnne S I've found that if you put the mixture inside it is more translucent. On the outside and it covers the glass.
  • CeeKayEllEmm
    CeeKayEllEmm San Pedro, CA
    If you use actual glass paint (that needs oven curing) it won't scratch off. ~:)
  • Sharon K. Shetley
    Sharon K. Shetley Harrah, OK
    great idea, really like this!!!
  • Lyn
    Lyn Cherokee Village, AR
    very nice
  • Barb Smith
    Barb Smith Canada
    Nice job
  • Margie  Newman
    Margie Newman Brooksville, FL
    Brilliant!!! That is my favorite color!!! I am going to try it!!! Thanks!!!
  • Angel
    Angel Hesperia, CA
    Yes, they will still see it's a jar, but who cares? It's really pretty, and think what a nice vase it would make. Will the coloring wash off if you fill it with water?
    • Carolyn ~ homework
      Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
      Angel - yes, unfortunately with this technique you can't fill it with water. It's purely decorative. You could put a small cylinder or tube filled with water inside the jar and then the flowers if you want to use it as a vase. Thanks!
    • Angel
      Angel Hesperia, CA
      Carolyn ~ homework guess I could just use some dried or silk flowers then. Still a great idea.
Carolyn ~ homework