Hometalk.com

mason jars 2 days ago

DIY Faux Cranberry Glass

I am obsessed with painted glass bottles and jars. I have seen so many beautiful projects lately; simple spray painted bottles, white paint inside of the glass resulting in a milk glass effect and Mod Podge and blue food coloring inside of the glass which makes beautiful sea glass.

I decided to try making faux cranberry glass. True cranberry glass is an art and the glass is typically hand blown. You can use Mod Podge and food coloring to create the look of cranberry glass. Use old jars and bottles for an instant faux cranberry glass collection. #SpringDecor #favoriteproject

To see more: http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/07/etceteras-cranberry-glass.html

56 Comments Displaying 15 of 56 comments | See Previous
  • Vickie Jolley Montooth Campobello, SC
    Nice!
  • Jeri Turner Orange, TX
    very nice!!!!!!
  • Peg Saint George, UT
    Very cute!
  • Beautiful !! Nice Job
  • Peggy Jones Bardstown, KY
    I have done this too, but you cannot put water in and use as a vase since the Mod Podge with dissolve. Could use a slim vase to drop inside for the water.
  • Dorene H Lehigh Acres, FL
    Very clever .. Pretty
  • Socorro Alaniz Bonita, CA
    something else to add to my "to do" list by Dec. 20th! Thanks a lot Missy..... LOL. :)
  • Beth Cole Byrne Pittsford, NY
    They're very pretty!
  • LouAnne S Antioch, CA
    I have a really old clear glass wine jug that has grapes & leaves embossed on it. Would putting the mixture INside show the embossing well or would it be better to paint the outside to show off the design?
  • CeeKayEllEmm San Pedro, CA
    If you use actual glass paint (that needs oven curing) it won't scratch off. ~:)
  • Sharon K. Shetley Harrah, OK
    great idea, really like this!!!
  • Lyn Cherokee Village, AR
    very nice
  • Barb Smith Canada
    Nice job
  • Margie Newman Brooksville, FL
    Brilliant!!! That is my favorite color!!! I am going to try it!!! Thanks!!!