Hometalk.com

Easter Eggs 5 days ago

Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs

This is our favorite way to dye #Easter eggs....the colors are just beautiful! We use stuff that we already have around the house and are always pleased with how they turn out. One of my favorites is to use grape juice and vinegar for a lovely lavender color. I also LOVE the dark pink that using beets, boiling water, and vinegar produce! Gorgeous!We use all kinds of items that are found in most pantries or refrigerators already…..paprika, orange peel, onion skins, carrots, strong coffee……I think the color of naturally dyed eggs is unmatched! For the full tutorial with recipes visit here:
#SpringColors
Love the colors that using natural items produce when dyeing eggs!
Items from around our home that we use to dye Easter eggs naturally. So easy and fun!
Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://cottageintheoaks.com/2012/04/06/naturally-dyed-easter-eggs/

6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • Janet Beck Creighton, NE
    Not sure I would dye eggs brown, when you could just polish up fresh brown eggs. Also we have hens that lay different colored eggs that help at Easter time.
  • Jeanine Wester Peoria, IL
    I live in a city and the brown eggs are way more expensive. I like the brown idea if you don't have natural brown ones or chickens to lay your own eggs. They provide a nice contrast to the colored ones.
  • Terri Austill Godfrey, IL
    They're all beautiful! Better color than those tablets you dissolve!
  • Thanks, Terri Austill ! I agree….I just love the colors! =)
  • Charlene Wilson Renton, WA
    Beet juice makes pretty eggs.
  • Yes…it certainly does! Hope you're having a great day, Charlene Wilson !