Hometalk.com

24 Comments Displaying 15 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Kris S Minneapolis, MN
    @ Teri S - You actually COULD use wooden blinds for this project. Just use either a heavy duty staple gun or pneumatic stapler, and be sure you finish the rough ends. To finish them you could use a simple trim or moulding piece.
  • Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
    very clever!
  • Joyce Victorville, CA
    I am amazed what people can come up with when they put their mind to it,and this is one!
  • Teri S Wichita, KS
    Thanks for all the ideas Ladies!! I came up with a few myself, so maybe be posting pictures someday!!
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    Oh, Teri, I hope I see the pics when you finish. I would love to see how it works out with wooden blinds. I bet it would be lovely!
  • Charlotte Des Fleurs Murrieta, CA
    My local Habitat for Humanity ReStore always has tons of used vertical blinds for practically nothing. A good source is you don't happen to have any of your own lying around.
  • What a genius re-purposing idea. I love the way it looks.
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    That's a good tip, Charlotte. I love our local ReStore!
  • Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    what a great ideal also gave me a great ideal for them..... using them in a craft room as a photo board:) thanks i love it ......<3
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    That's a great ideas, Melody! You could even pin or nail them right to the wall, no need to build a frame.
  • Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    i know. How cute would that beeven in a childs room for their art work? :) i love it .. i wish i had thought of it...but all the same i love it..really cute and creative.
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    It could be fun with old photos or postcards tucked into it too!
  • Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    ohh yeah scrapbookers are going to love this...... image the possibilities wow ...i absolutely love it.....
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    So cool!
  • Jessica Hill Saginaw, MI
    Thanks, Alexandra!