Hometalk.com

Around the House 01.28.14

Hanger double duty

I saw this in Good Housekeeping last night so I took a picture for you with my own too-round hangers to give you the idea. It is a simple soda can tab hung over one hanger giving you double room in your closet.
38 Comments Displaying 15 of 38 comments | See Previous
  • DONNA W Evansville, IN
    Ruby,I did not get hurt feelings. All I meant by my comment was I am more interested in books. The LOLwas at me and no one else.
  • Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    IF NOT INTERESTED IN AN IDEA DON"T COMMENT....pretty simple. many other find these helpful..I for one, have an old house, small closets, and am ALWAYS looking for new storage ideas...TO EACH THEIR OWN....IF NOT INTERESTED DON"T BE RUDE and GO BACK and
  • Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    great idea Bonnie,,,, I susally put pants over the hanger, followed by a tank top or t-shirt, and a blouse over the top, all ready to go... all coordinated color wise...as best it can...
  • Cher Richardson Ann Arbor, MI
    Donna, I read your comment exactly for what you said, interested in books. Don't understand how Kathy could have mis-read you. I wish I had room in my closet for more meaningful things such as books. Need to donate clothes.
  • I enjoy Hometalk & all the ideas, some are suitable for me and some not so much, but love reading them all.

• Gloria K Little Falls, MN
    Clever idea...thanks!
  • Robyn Phoenix, AZ
    Thank you Gloria :)
  • Diana Schleicher Prineville, OR
    Then here comes the speech police: the word is "catty", not "caddy". :D
  • Helen Spring Grove, PA
    This a great idea. We will think about it when we send our grandson off to college is the fall. I'm sure the wardrobes in the dorm don't have much space
  • Mary Lee Chandler, TX
    this will help me can get all the things i want together and a good chace of cleaning my closet
  • I didn't read anything into Donna W's post, except "I prefer to spend my money on books." I have a feeling Kathy T probably gets offended often, because that's what she is looking for. Let's just assume goodwill.
  • Carol Bidmead Bromund Schaumburg, IL
    I read Donna's and Ruby's posts as good natured bantering between the two of them and enjoyed reading it as it brought a smile to my face... hope you two get to be friends!
  • Dee Guy Taylor, MI
    this is a great idea.....I have very limited closet space and I drink quite a bit of soda ( I am trying to cut down) now I will get some use from the pull tabs at least!
  • Sandra Sikes Surrency, GA
    great idea to match clothes for self or kids, especially for school,save that big hassle of not able to find the pants or shirt they want to go with this or that.
  • Robyn Phoenix, AZ
    Great idea you have there Sandra!