Privacy Screen Ideas and How to Make A Fence Taller

patio 2 days ago
These photos from local garden tours show creative ways to improve the privacy in a garden and add some vertical interest. Some use freestanding structures with lattice, others add on to existing fences. You can see more examples on my blog as well as many complete tours of these gardens. http://www.empressofdirt.net/fence-not-high-...
  • If a fence is at the maximum height allowed, another option is to put a taller structure within the yard like this one. There were townhouses in the yard behind and this really helped obscure the view.
  • This arbour and lattice combination was actually used to conceal the compost work area and separate the back wooded area from the garden.
  • You can make a fence taller! Here the fence posts were extended and lattice was added. Vines will eventually fill it in.
  • Here's a detail of the hardware used to extend the fence posts. You'd obviously need a neighbour who agrees with the plan.
  • This tall, open divider separated the sitting area from the lawn. The large, square lattice keeps material costs down. The greenery provides greater privacy.

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/empressofdirt

• Empress of Dirt - Melissa
    Allison Robbins Glad you like the ideas. It's never nice to feel like your outdoor sanctuary is on display!
  • Peg
    Peg Londonderry, NH
    I love these! I miss the privacy/solitude I had in my country home. The suburbs offer lots, but how I miss my silence. Thanks.
  • Southwest Greens Of Raleigh
    Very creative ideas and they look great! very inspiring.
  • TonyPreston
    TonyPreston United Kingdom
    Thanks for sharing these amazing ideas. For us back at home, privacy is not a major concern as our neighbourhood is pretty quiet and we love for our neighbours to come visit. Hence, our wrought iron fencing which is quite bare does not bother us that
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    Very nice blog, thank you so much for sharing the ideas with all of us here. Though there are no set norms for the height of a fence but for privacy as well as security it is necessary. I have also shared a blog on a similar subject, hope you will like
Empress of Dirt - Melissa