Have you ever seen a chiseled edge on granite? Do you like it? I like it for a rustic, Non-Traditional look.

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
  • Kathy Cantrell
    Kathy Cantrell Temecula, CA
    I personally like it but think it to be better on an overhanging bar without an immediate cupboard below it!. If it hung over the cupboard a bit it would look better. Just my opinion!
  • SawHorse.net
    SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    I have seen the same look as a frame for a mirror in a bathroom and it worked in that application as well.
  • Laura G
    I have lived New England rustic, American yard sale to long.Id be afraid of cutting myself on the edges, cleaning would be hard............nope not for me..
  • Daily5REMODEL
    daily5REMODEL Washington, DC
    I think it's a cool look, but I prefer the idea of using remnant granite -- pieces that would otherwise have been tossed -- to cutting granite to achieve that look. We did a fun article about a Minneapolis design/build firm that uses remnant granite
  • Susan W
    Susan W Pana, IL
    I like it, but it reminds me of my parents tombstone!
  • April
    April Lawrenceville, GA
    Wow, that's interesting. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Thanks for showing us something new and different. )
  • Brenna S
    Brenna S Oklahoma City, OK
    I love it. But I have grandkids and that could be harmful to kids.
  • Angie B
    Angie B Panama City, FL
    adds so much character!
  • Marvin R
    Marvin R Sanford, NC
    I dont have kids so i like it alot and i think the look is awesome!!!
  • Teresa D
    Teresa D Snellville, GA
    Maybe if it wasn't as ragged (or jagged?). Like others, I'd be concerned about scratches. If the sharp edges were buffed out a bit ... kinda like tumbled stone, I think I'd like it better.
  • Marvin R
    Marvin R Sanford, NC
    I love this look its kinda that same look we are going for in our house.My wife loves Rustic....
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    A few years back I built some custom Jatoba Window frames for a client, this was in a big fancy 1.5 M dollar home that was also undergoing a big remodel. In the kitchen they had new granite counters with this chisel edge...not quite as sharp as shown
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    SheilaG, Plum Doodles Simpsonville, SC
    It fits in well with the copper vessel sink. I like the style of it, but not sure about the comfort of it.
  • Design Time for Homes, Atlanta
    I see what you mean Four Season, however, I think if it were smooth it would look unfinished but by it being chiseled, that's what gives it the "fashion".
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
    Looks unfinished to me - but you know I have absolutely no indoor fashion sense :)
Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post