5,532 views »
Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Have you ever seen a chiseled edge on granite? Do you like it? I like it for a rustic, Non-Traditional look.

07.09.14
5,532 views »
98 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 98 comments | See Previous
  • HouseFixer.info
    HouseFixer.info Durham, NC
    I like it and also think it will hide the inevitable chips that you get on the edges of granite over time.
  • Property Inspectors of Atlanta
    I think it could work as long as there weren't any sharp edges!
  • Mike and Anne
    Mike and Anne Raleigh, NC
    I would hate to accidentally rub up against that in my house
  • Joy B
    Joy B Spencer, IA
    I agree. That would not be too comfortable. But the look would be great in a log home!
  • ProCoat Painters, LLC
    Lee Anne, nice picture! It looks geat with the shaker cabinets.
  • Trisha U
    Trisha U Kemp, TX
    Did a cabin a few years ago, and that kind of rustic look would have been very good there. The only problem I have with it cosmetically if it DOES fit (and it would only go in certain places) ... is that it doesn't fit well with the highly polished
  • Atlanta granite custom countertops - Stone Solutions
    It takes a skilled fabricator to do it right and the end result looks better on certain types of stone. I would recommend asking for a sample of the chiseled edge on the particular stone you would like to use.
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    Now that is awesome!!! Very natural, not sharp. You are amazing, I have never seen this done before!!! Kudos!!!
  • Ricardo B
    Ricardo B Alpine, TX
    Now THAT'S exactly what I had in mind when I posted my opinion sometime back...

Taking my cap off for a few moments as a gesture of sweetly savoring this effect you've produced...

Thank you for the compliments! We just finished the project so I intend on putting up a few more pictures in the next couple of days. If you have any upcoming projects I would be happy to assist you!
  • Cheryl F
    Cheryl F Raleigh, NC
    Atlanta ganite custom: Now that's more like it. Still not really something I'd go with for an 'all the time' kitchen, but what fun for a vacation home! Well done work!
    I couldn't agree more Cheryl.
  • Atlantis Granite And Marble
    I love the chiseled effect but hate what it does to my clothes.
  • Lea Grossman
    Lea Grossman New Rochelle, NY
    I love this!
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    I never thought of the clothing. Perhaps this 1/2 bath is the best application.
Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing