Hometalk.com

03.28.13

My shutters are burgundy and my door and house is gray, want to change door color what color should I make it?

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    well since your shutters are burgundy I would paint my door a hint darker then the color on the shutters and make a grand entrance;)
  • Sharron Abrams Peoria, AZ
    Power blue is a great mix - My house inside and out is power blue and I use burgundy and cobalt as accent colors - the gray takes on the blue as a wonderful mix
  • A nice, rich cream would make your door stand out. It would be a twist on the traditional "Americana" color scheme. Here's an idea for how it could all come together. http://deeconstructed.com/quick-curb-appeal/ Good luck!
  • Decor 8 Kimberling City, MO
    I think that a matte/satin finish black door is always attractive.
  • Melissa Salina, KS
    I think going with a darker burgundy or black would look great.
  • Sharron Abrams Peoria, AZ
    Have you tried a dark wood ? Think about wood with a dark burgundy tone. Then use a high gloss like boat lacquer to add protection from the elements.
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    A lot depends on if your door is recessed or gets plenty of light. You don't want a dark color if it is in an alcove like some of these houses have. Buy up some sample jars and test the colors. If you can use it, a flat charcoal would be lovely! If you
  • Rose Degroat Saginaw, MI
    BLACK WOULD BE NICE.
  • Sherry F you didn't mention if you had a garage door and the colour of it if you have one. Personally, I am agreeing with those recommending black - or a slate grey - it would go well with your grey house and burgundy shutters.
  • Like

Melody M