How I use old bottles

crafting 01.26.16
Back about a year ago, I started this little hairbrained idea, and never finished it. With the restrictions of surgery...I've been trying to do lighter projects, mostly unsuccessful, but this one came back in my mind. But cutting the bottoms off of these old decanters, and joining them with a little goodwill platter....I have a great chandelier...pendant...swag...or whatever you want to call it. It would be perfect for over a little bar, in a mancave, or even on a patio....I'm so glad I finally did this! I feel a tutorial in the future! This isn't a tutorial...but I can see from the reactions that one is in order. Making a chandelier of any kind is not difficult, but there are some steps involved. In this project there are more than the normal list of supplies...mostly because these are hanging...and they are glass. I wanted the weight of the lights to be distributed out a little further on the glass, and the openings were large so therefore, I used washers. The tutorial for this project is going to have to be pretty detailed...but really not difficult. Each bottle is made a little different, so if you are going to do this...you may want to do what I did...take your bottles...and sit down in the isle of your hardware store...and play with different washers and nuts till you get the mix right. I will amend my post on the website...and show you the parts involved, and how I

To see more: http://www.dejavuedesigns.com/decantor-chandelier/#

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    lol. We just finished installing ash hardwood flooring in the last room to be redone. I guess I'll have find a local glass/mirror shop. I have experience with the kits that are sold for cutting wine bottles but the walls are thinner on wine bottles than
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    I'm sorry to hear about all that Pattay1964 . Man...and I thought my two back surgeries were bad! I hope that things get a little slower in that department for you! Yes...get you
  • Pattay1964
    Pattay1964 Four Oaks, NC
    I have wanted one for quite some time now, but your project has just cinched the deal!!

Thanks so much for the inspiration to get back in there and get my hands busy again, it's been a really hard year, with

• Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    Thanks Debby Boyle , Dawn Shellenberger and Pattay1964
  • Pattay1964
    Pattay1964 Four Oaks, NC
    Looks like a tile/ wet saw is going to be the very first new piece of equipment in my tool arsenal when I get back to NC because I love this idea!!!
  • Dawn
    Dawn Beaver Springs, PA
    Tammy, I have read your blog and my heart and prayers go out to you, I am in constant pain myself, so Iknow how you feel. On the lighter side, I enjoy your projects and get inspired by most of them, seems to be on days that I want to work on something,
  • Debby Boyle
    Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    Cool idea!! Love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    Thanks everyone, for your well wishes. Kelly S I've seen several ways on line to cut bottles...and I know you can buy bottle cutters at the local craft stores....none are very
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Surgery recovery can be as hard on the spirit as the body. The lights are simply amazing. What can you cut the bottoms off with if you don't have a wet saw?
  • Lorraine F
    Lorraine F Virginia Beach, VA
    So pretty! Hope you get better and better with each day!
  • Melody M
    Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    wow really cute chic way to light up a really cute room...or even out door space. I love it
  • Zelda
    Zelda Albert, OK
    Oh good. We have one of those. Never would have thought of using it for this though. Thanks Tammy.
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    That's cool....yeah...I actually had five of them...but decided I liked three better. I used a wet saw.
  • Zelda
    Zelda Albert, OK
    Thank you Tammy. I figured you did, but it was hard to tell. How did you do it?

I just remembered that I had the photo saved to my computer of the ones I saw awhile

• Tammy@Deja Vue Designs
    Thank you! Oh really....I've never seen them before. Yes...I cut the bottoms off.
Tammy@Deja Vue Designs