soda bottle tower for plants

Upcycle 06.20.15
What a great way to recycle soda bottles to make a hydroponic tower for your herbs and veggies! Watch the instructional video at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDbjZ9roEQ

• Dawn  MW
    Dawn MW Niceville, FL
    Its a great way to recycle.....and for those that don't use bottles I bet your kids can find some at the neighbors house or those recycle bins! The colored bottles would keep it even 'greener'! Thanks for sharing this idea. (I use bottles sunken in my
  • Kathy T
    Kathy T Rainbow City, AL
    I work in a restaurant, we throw away tons of plastic one gallon mayonnaise jugs. I might have to leave all the lids on and drill 3 or 4 small holes. I bet this would be neat for strawberries. Like raised beds, only easier to put together. I'm gonna' try
  • Raylee
    Raylee Australia
    That is great as I have a very small garden , I will try that ...
  • Marilyn M
    Marilyn M Roseburg, OR
    Interesting idea. I've seen single ones but none like this. Clever. We too are on a well and that is a great idea to save water. And I do believe that the condensation will help as well to water.
    • Margaret Adamski
      Margaret Adamski Seattle, WA
      Marilyn M , Great IDEA! I do agree with your comment.. Great idea to keep plants Somewhat I born in Roseburg,Oregon. I am no longer love Roseburg anymore since last years I have not been seen Roseburg for many years years. :D.
  • Laurie Pearson Arnn
    Laurie Pearson Arnn Childress, TX
    If you are like me and don't have any plastic bottles this works well with 4" PVC pipe. Just cut the holes in the pipe with a drill or hack saw and plant that way.
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    This is so clever and looks pretty easy! I sent it to my kids...for their kids. This would be a neat school project too, ...thanks for posting.
  • Kat Tellez
    Kat Tellez Torrance, CA
    I haven't done this myself, but the video is very detailed and makes it look pretty easy. Just follow the link to Youtube.
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Saint Charles, MO
    for those that can't hear it, make sure you're going to the YouTube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDbjZ9roEQ
  • Dianne H
    Dianne H Bay Minette, AL
    Can you tell us what you have done with the bottles. It is not obvious from looking at the pictures, at least not to me. I love the idea of hydroponic gardening and would try this if I could figure out what you did?
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    follow the link and there is a step by step, No spoken words but the printed ones did the job and not listening while I was watching was very relaxing and refreshing.
  • Jaypeeinaz
    Jaypeeinaz Melbourne, FL
    I can't tell either...
  • Susan LaRock
    Susan LaRock Brandon, VT
    I can't tell from the picture how it's set up.
  • Maritza Colon
    Maritza Colon Puerto Rico
    great idea i need to try it
  • Kat Tellez
    Kat Tellez Torrance, CA
    Jeanne, that I don't know, but I suppose that you could use PBA free bottles instead. It just might cost more.
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Saint Charles, MO
    will the plants leach BPA from the plastic bottles?
Kat Tellez