soda bottle tower for plants

Outdoor projects 08.20.15
What a great way to recycle soda bottles to make a hydroponic tower for your herbs and veggies! Watch the instructional video at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDbjZ9roEQ

• Kris Larson
    Kris Larson West Lafayette, IN
    I've heard leaving plastic water bottles in cars and them heating up makes the water in those bottles dangerous to drink, how does this not happen with the dirt and water that is used to hydrate these plants? How does that work?
  • Paula D
    Paula D Charlottesville, VA
    Leaving bottles in the heat does NOT make them dangerous. If you google this you will see that it is a myth. There is another chemical that can leech out into the water but it is in such small amounts it isn't considered dangerous. That chemical is
  • Ruth Black
    Ruth Black Santa Barbara, CA
    Most single-use beverage bottles sold in the United States are made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET), a substance tested extensively for safety. There is some evidence that heat can cause bisphenol A (BPA), a compound that's been shown to have
  • Catherine Blume
    Catherine Blume Callahan, FL
    What a space-saving garden!! Could you do this with flowers to create a wall?
  • Bonnie Cant-Decide
    I was thinking the same thing Catherine - I have beautiful wood fencing in my backyard, but the short stretch of fence on the sides where the gates are is chain link. I'm going to try to cover the chain on both sides with a flowering wall. Will look
Kat Tellez