Hometalk.com

02.28.12

How to Clean burnt on grease off gas Stove top without scrathing it?

11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • When that happens on our enameled cooking surface, I use fume free oven cleaner. I spray it on fairly heavy then cover with a paper towel so it does not dry out so fast. Sometimes on really heavy deposits I will spray the towel as well just to be sure it
  • Inez B Madison, VA
    I use Bar Keepers Friend and a soft pad, works wonderfully.
  • Deb B Elsie, NE
    I use Bar Keepers friend and it has helped in many items now i can"t find it
  • Diane S Houston, TX
    If it's REALLLLLY bad, spray a little bit of oven cleaner on it & let it sit for while. That should at least soften it. Try using a plastic scraper on it or even a spoon gently. I too use Barkeepers Friend and it's wonderful. Used it to get the hard
  • Diana H Charlotte, NC
    thanks i'll have to get it, my stove top does have a ring around the burner, i've even tried Glass Cook Top heavy duty cleaner and polish, but still has a large ring on it...
  • Inez B Madison, VA
    I buy Bar Keepers Friend at my local Walmart, the liquid type works wonders for cleaning the soap scum from your tub also... Any where there is grease buildup, I have a bottle in each bathroom and the kitchen. Love it.
  • I love Barkeepers friend,I use it all over the house.
  • Diane S Houston, TX
    Inez B. where do you find the liquid version Barkeepers? I've never seen it!
  • Inez B Madison, VA
    I believe the last time I had to get it from amazon
  • Terri J York, PA
    I use non-flamable engine degreaser, dilute as instructed, let it soak and take a soft scrubbing pad to it. It really smells good too. I have also used grate cleaner that you would use on your grill on my stove top, but the degreaser did a better job.
  • Diane S Houston, TX
    Thanks, Inez.