How to Safely Clean an Oven

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Oven cleaners can be one of the most toxic chemical cleaners on the market. These green cleaners can still do a great job and are a safe and healthy alternative.
  • My oven was already in need of a cleaning and then I dumped some vanilla all over the bottom {If you place a tbsp of vanilla in the oven for 20 minutes it makes the kitchen smell wonderful - just don't spill it!}
  • Make a paste of baking soda and water and spread it over the entire oven. Let sit for an hour to overnight. Then wipe it clean. {You can also spray some vinegar over it once it has dried for some extra cleaning power}
  • And then you have a nice clean oven!

To see more:

• Mary
    Mary Ridgely, MD
    My glass has broken on my stove top, whats a cheaper way to fix raither than to buy a new oven when everything else works but the glass top is cracked though pieces are NOT missing? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Will I get a shortage if water boils down the
  • Kathy Bennett
    Kathy Bennett Walnut Cove, NC
    never use a product called awesome it damaged my lungs now I always use natural products ... please be careful !
  • Lisa Daly
    Lisa Daly Ireland
    in order to keep it clean for longer I place a double layer of kitchen foil/tin foil on the bottom of oven and grill tray
  • Marcy
    Marcy Rogers City, MI
    Mary, check your warranty to see if your stove top is covered, if not see if it can be repaired either thru the store or the appliance company. I am not sure if water will short out your stove, if it's electric be cateful.
  • Bonnie E Cochran
    Bonnie E Cochran Huntsville, TX
    Do you clean the racks the same way /
Jennifer Lifford

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post