How to Safely Clean an Oven

Ksbauer 7 days ago
Oven cleaners can be one of the most toxic chemical cleaners on the market. These green cleaners can still do a great job and are a safe and healthy alternative.

To see more: http://www.cleanandscentsible.com/2013/01/how-to-clean-your-oven-safely.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Warren A Steele Sr
    Warren A Steele Sr Longwood, FL
    Best bet. Wife type gets silicone mats made for bottom of over (usually gets them for BD and Christmas). Not too expensive, but beats cleaning heavy spills between doing Oven Clean setting on stove.
  • Karen Bergmann
    Karen Bergmann Plano, TX
    For the really baked on grime that falls to the bottom of the oven, you can use a layer of several paper towels soaked in water (and maybe some vinegar) and let sit. After a while, you should be able to wipe the worst of it, then proceed with the baking
  • Bonnie E Cochran
    Bonnie E Cochran Huntsville, TX
    Do you clean the racks the same way /
  • Marcy, Professional Designer, Artist and Arts and Crafts Instructor
    Mary, check your warranty to see if your stove top is covered, if not see if it can be repaired either thru the store or the appliance company. I am not sure if water will short out your stove, if it's electric be cateful.
  • Lisa Daly
    Lisa Daly Ireland
    in order to keep it clean for longer I place a double layer of kitchen foil/tin foil on the bottom of oven and grill tray
    • Brenda Bridgett
      Brenda Bridgett Swartz Creek, MI
      My oven directions said to never use foil as it distorts the actual baking temp of the oven and can ruin the bottom heating element.
  • Kathy Bennett
    Kathy Bennett Walnut Cove, NC
    never use a product called awesome it damaged my lungs now I always use natural products ... please be careful !
    • Oxfordjdh
      Awesome is very toxic and caustic. It damaged my self cleaning oven's surface!
  • Mary
    Mary Ridgely, MD
    My glass has broken on my stove top, whats a cheaper way to fix raither than to buy a new oven when everything else works but the glass top is cracked though pieces are NOT missing? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Will I get a shortage if water boils down the
    • Brenda Bridgett
      Brenda Bridgett Swartz Creek, MI
      I would suggest a call to a store who sells whatever brand..heating elements are in the glass top so you want to be safe.
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne Teaneck, NJ
    This is really awesome I use this to clean tub. show and sinks its gets it amazingly clean!! Try it its the best
  • Patty Bartlett
    Patty Bartlett Manteno, IL
    thanks I am going to try this!
  • Carolyn
    Carolyn Springfield, OH
    Appreciate the help. Don't have the nerve up yet to clean the glass. I'll wait until one of the boys is here to do that. Thanks again.
  • Mohay Rix
    Mohay Rix San Andreas, CA
    I don't use anything that is not organic. Orange oil works great !!!
  • Lizzie Holmes-Luciano
    Lizzie Holmes-Luciano Boynton Beach, FL
    FANTASTIC !!!! I use that 'combo' for most ALL cleaning purposes, yet didn't think of it as being THAT strong !!!!!
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    To Denise Landrum, Take the door off and take it outside and spray it down with what ever you choose. I did that all the time when I cleaned my ex boy friend's rental houses and trust me, they were nasty. With a degreaser, the trick is to let it sit,
  • Rose Voorhies
    Rose Voorhies Franklin, PA
    What is good to use on a stainless Steel stove top!I've tried Bartenders Friend.Make a paste with water.Works good but can't get rust off!Thank you!
  • Camille S
    Camille S Roswell, GA
    Just spent a few hours this morning cleaning with baking soda and water...then spraying it later with Trader Joe's "Close to Godliness" cleaner on top of baking soda. VERY GOOD SOLUTION--My oven is clean!! Thank you.
Jennifer Lifford