Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Cleaning ideas 05.23.14

Baking Soda Shower Door Cleaner

Baking Soda Shower Door Cleaner? Who knew? Not me! My friend Laura told me about this tip a few weeks ago and I tried it out. It is a great non toxic way to clean your shower doors and works! Just wet your sponge add baking soda (it makes a paste) and clean. That is all all you need! Just 1 ingredient! It breaks down soap scum easily.

Of course you know I love essential oils so I decided to add a couple of drops and that works even better! You can easily add any citrus essential oil (lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange or citrus bliss) for a bonus aroma and extra disinfectant Your shower doors will sparkle too! Not only that but it deodorizes at the same you will love the scent.

You can learn more about Essential Oils. I hope you enjoy this tip! It is a money saving non toxic way to clean.

To see more: http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2013/04/baking-soda-shower-door-cleaner/

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Gram Knight
    Gram Knight Tyler, TX
    Omg I just ran into my bathroom and tried this. IT WORKS GREAT! give it a try!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Carolyn Doherty
    Carolyn Doherty Becker, MN
    I could have used this in a couple of houses we owned. I have since refused glass shower doors! So good to know we can clean without harsh chemicals and those horrible perfumed odors they put in there.
  • Beverly L
    Beverly L Norfolk, VA
    It also works for cleaning the tub, sink and everything else in the bathroom...I save the baking soda from the fridge just for cleaning...it kept the fridg smelling good and now cleans the bathroom...YEA!...CHEAP!!!
  • Marjorie Silverman
    Marjorie Silverman West Palm Beach, FL
    I use this paste to clean the handles on the doors of my refrigerator which always seem to have stubborn dirt marks that nothing would remove. My cleaning lady once told me they were permanent. Then I applied this paste and she was amazed that it all
  • Bruce
    Bruce Grand Haven, MI
    Awesome ideas...can't wait to try it. I know that in cleaning Tupperware that stained you just make a past of baking soda and cream of tarter and it will clean your Tupperware right up. Bet that would work on a lot of other things too!
  • Melissa B
    Melissa B Forney, TX
    as an addition.. if you spray them with Pam or a cooking spray first it's even easier!
  • April
    April Lawrenceville, GA
    What a great tip! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • Peggy   -San Antonio,TX. USA
    Great tip..thanks
  • Caroline
    Caroline Brooklyn, NY
    Use baking soda to clean glass coffee pots - they come out clean and clear. Just use baking soda on a sponge to clean pot. Also use it on my stove top. It cleans without scratching
Stockpiling Moms

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!