We're in the process of transforming our kitchen on a budget to fit our style.

We painted cabinets, swapped out hardware, painted walls, installed new granite countertops, new zero radius sink and faucets, marble subway tile backsplash, removed vinyl and luan and opted for distressed bamboo when the old original wood floor didn't match up with the plywood addition, removed a pantry and installed a pot rack and French doors. We still need a stove backsplash, baseboards, DIY kitchen island and a larger refrigerator. This is our forever home and we love the change.
  • We removed the old blue laminate counters and installed Virginia Jet Mist granite and small marble subway tile backsplash.
  • New faucet is fun and instant hot water is awesome for tea time!
  • Waterstone Towson series
  • Lazy Susan's with magnetic spice jars in an otherwise waste of space are within easy visible reach with sliding ladder (or 6'2" cooking husband) and antique chicken feeder becomes a cook book library.
  • We removed vinyl and luan. The original hardwood was in bad shape and only in half of the kitchen due to an addition at some point in our old home's history.
  • Virginia Jet Mist granite - dark charcoal color with white veining, honed finish.
  • Big difference from what we started with!
  • Cabinets are painted with Benjamin Moore's Satin Impervo (color is Moonshine, actually gray/not white). We love the durable finish and that the grain still shows through.
  • An original pantry cupboard. We added a clock mechanism right into the door, numbers are vinyl.
  • The original single door was replaced with French doors letting in lots of natural light.
  • We love that the patio is right off the kitchen with a view of our 50' grape arbor/gazebo. Cleaning and entertaining are so convenient.
  • Kitchen before.
  • I love this old chunky piece as use as a Butler's pantry. Storage for good dishes, cookbooks and spices.
  • Decorative and functional.
  • Buffet/pantry.
  • See 2 More Photos

To see more: http://diyshowoff.com/2012/01/01/diy-show-off-kitchen-makeover/

• Shari Veater
    Shari Veater Depoe Bay, OR
    this is a beautiful kitchen!
  • LeSannO
    LeSannO Montgomery, TX
    How are your floors holding up in the kitchen. I've heard so many stories of water causing buckling and spots...Afraid to do wood in the kitchen or dining. Also does it scratch easy with dining chairs being moved in and out at the table?
    • LeSannO
      LeSannO Montgomery, TX
      DIY Show Off Thank you.. I've heard that bamboo is beautiful..I would love to have it in my living area. What I've seen it is pricey. Our living room, dining room, kitchen and
  • Kimberly Schoffler Boynes
    just awesome
  • HouseLogic.com
    HouseLogic.com Chicago, IL
    The bamboo floor is a huge improvement! Your kitchen is perfect!
  • Diena Cameron
    Diena Cameron Kelseyville, CA
    Love the kitchen, I'm so jealous.
DIY Show Off