We're in the process of transforming our kitchen on a budget to fit our style.

sinks 04.14.16
We painted cabinets, swapped out hardware, painted walls, installed new granite countertops, new zero radius sink and faucets, marble subway tile backsplash, removed vinyl and luan and opted for distressed bamboo when the old original wood floor didn't match up with the plywood addition, removed a pantry and installed a pot rack and French doors. We still need a stove backsplash, baseboards, DIY kitchen island and a larger refrigerator. This is our forever home and we love the change.

To see more: http://diyshowoff.com/2012/01/01/diy-show-off-kitchen-makeover/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Sarah G
    Sarah G Waverly, NY
    Ok, Im not sure where Butler is Roeshel, but Im thinking I desperately need your help in this old home of mine!:) HELP!
  • Lisa W
    Lisa W Lawrenceville, GA
    Roeshel, you can purchase base cabinets pretty cheap and put your own spint on them to match your style. That way you wouldn't actually have to build somthing from scratch! You know I love your projects so anytime I see them I'm impressed!
  • April
    April Lawrenceville, GA
    You're welcome! By the looks of the work you have done so far, I think you can do it, Roeshel! :)
  • Jan B
    Jan B Gilbert, AZ
    I love this entire space! You did an amazing job! It must be even more satisfying knowing you did it yourself. Your finishes are timeless. I'm a "white kitchen" lover so perhaps I'm biased!
  • Designs by BSB
    Designs by BSB Lawrenceville, GA
    Google: Lyn Design Kitchen Islands
  • Faidra at  CA Global Inc
    Luv this, especially the faucets, instant hot water is a must
  • DIY Show Off
    DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks, BeckySue. Our main obstacle is our tight budget, so DIY usually fits our needs. We also already have marble for the top thanks to the previous owner of our home who was a candy-maker. :) However - I do like keeping my options open so vendor
  • Designs by BSB
    Designs by BSB Lawrenceville, GA
    Based on the size, you may be able to find a budget friendly island already assembled. Unless you have custom needs? If you would like some suggestions to vendors, let me know
  • DIY Show Off
    DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks! I know it's not everyone's style but in our home we just do what we love and our kitchen fits our needs. We love how it's coming along. Now...just need to work up the courage to build the kitchen island. The cheap bar set in the center of the
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    oh ah...and all of that...I really dig the subway backsplash in a natural stone product.
  • Peter B
    Roeshel! This is great! Love the colors!
  • Dena R
    Dena R Hollywood, FL
    This is absolutely gorgeous. Great job!
  • Designs by BSB
    Designs by BSB Lawrenceville, GA
    That is one impressive kitchen remodel.. wonderful combination of material choices!
  • April
    April Lawrenceville, GA
    Wow, what a transformation! Looks great! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Terry S
    Terry S Perry, IA
    love this . getting ready to do new granite countertops and cant decide if i want the granite backsplash,it is so blocky looking.hate to do tile and have it date,but the simple look just might work.
DIY Show Off