Under mount s/s kitchen sink coming loose from granite!?

03.15.15
My turn for a real tough question! I have a KWC s/s under mount sink with granite counter tops, originally installed 7 years ago. About 2-3 years ago, I had to address this issue - the sink coming loose, so when you rinse out the sink .. it drops down into the sink cabinet.

I had a granite fabricator that came out (paid him $250), cleaned the surfaces and reattached it. We once again had to wait 24hrs before my husband reconnected the sink.

Here we are 2yrs later.. the SAME thing is happening. *sigh* I certainly don't want to go through forking out $2-300 for the same thing .. to only have the same thing happen again. Besides, wondering now if my husband can do it (better?!?). Thanks in advance...

• Designs by BSB
    Designs by BSB Lawrenceville, GA
    just an update .. my husband fixed this.. used PL400 from Home Depot and clamped it and let it dry for 24 hours before we reconnected the sink. In addition we blocks along the sides (bracing it with 2x4s to the sink floor until they dried) and
    • PSF
      PSF Rockwell, NC
      Designs by BSB Becky - sounds like I am having similar issues - I have GRANITE composite under mount sink installed on granite counter top and earlier today something did not
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Your correct BeckySue. You do not want to rely solely on the adhesive by itself. Using blocking to support the sink where ever you can is the desired method of proper support.
  • Mills Tile & Granite
    Mills Tile & Granite Sacramento, CA
    for all that don't know, just cut your plywood ruff top (wood the granite itself is glued to) 1/4" short of your template of your sink, set your sink, set your granite on top and your done. never separate never a problem. FYI for bad installers. if you
  • Bobby Daniels
    Bobby Daniels Douglasville, GA
    How do we repair a kitchen sink that has come apart from granite ?, the whole sink dropped .
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Bobby Daniels The normal fix is to pull it all the way down clean up the surfaces and then reattach with fresh adhesive.
    I agree with KMS on this the correct method is to prep properly refasten and support. What type of sink @Bobby Daniels are we taking about? There are just as many methods to fix as there are sinks.
  • Ulises Huerta
    Ulises Huerta Chicago, IL
    Hello... I just experienced the same problem as Bobby, my kitchen sink also fell, the sink I have is stainless steel and the my countertops are granite. Is there a special paste that goes into the screws?
  • Sofia Yen
    gosh, would love to know as mine's also stainless steel and granite
    They do not use screws, They use brass inserts. These are tiny pipe shaped fittings that have bolt threads on the inside and a rough surface on the out. The fabricator drills holes that are ever so slightly larger then these fittings. Then using a two
  • Dow
    Dow Suwanee, GA
    there is a new product out called Cinclips. they attach to the cabinet and up to sink and will never fail if installed as instructed. no glue no drilling, no problems ever.
  • Dow
    Dow Suwanee, GA
    no waiting! hook up and use as soon as they are installed. Cinclips.com
  • Amanda Jane
    Amanda Jane Hampton, GA
    cinclips are great in theory, but if you have a sink in a corner they won't work because you can't reach the cabinet walls. We tried them tonight with our sink and they won't reach :(
    • Dow
      Dow Suwanee, GA
      Not all cabinets are built the same. Sometimes you have to be be creative. How did you install your Cinclips?
  • Scott6836
    scott6836 Bothell, WA
    look for hercules universal sink harness kit. amazon, or braxton-bragg.com. attaches to the cabinet with screws. A wire is strung between the attachment points, coming under the bowl of the sink, which is then tightened to hold sink against the counter.
  • Dow
    Dow Suwanee, GA
    CINCLIPS are the fast and easy way to mount a sink. They are also Lifetime Guaranteed! They sell on Amazon , Braton Bragg, Gran Quartz, Cosmos and Fabricators Supply.
  • ECHOFILM
    ECHOFILM Brighton, MA
    Dow, Amanda is correct, they will NOT work on corner sink bc wall of cabinet is not along side of sink. They are expensive as well, close to $50. I've found that the Hercules Universal sink harness is best solution for corner sinks AND under $10
Designs by BSB